Exhaust advice

secretstar07979

Ok guys and girls, I'm in need of some advice please regarding my exhaust.

I currently have an ISIS single exit exhaust that is too loud for me (it's REALLY loud at high revs) so I'm looking to replace it for something less extreme.

I'm looking for a system that offers a good airflow (my current system is excellent for that) so I don't lose too much power.

I would like a system that is relatively quiet whilst modest driving but one you can really hear when you floor it. Something nice and throaty but not over loud.

Do you have any recommendations? Also, what would I be looking to pay new and 2nd hand set up? Would you recommend looking at 2nd hand systems? Also do you think I should go for resonated or none?

Thank you in advance for all your help and if anyone has a suitable exhaust for sale please do let me know!

The scorpion I had on the Zed when I bought it was quiet at normal drive, then louder on the gas. Ultimately I found it a little too quiet, so I went Cobra Resonated. The Cobra was a nice step in volume and at bit bassier in normal driving and then beautiful when opening her up. Really a great sound IMO.

Do you still have the standard Cats on? ...or have you got HFC's or De-Cats?.

I'd recommend the Invidia Gemini exhaust system if you're still on your OEM Cats as it's not too loud imho and definitely opens up nicely on WOT. Add some HFC's and it sounds even better again without being too loud.

I ended up adding De-Cats to my system eventually after going FI but it might be a bit loud for you with the De-Cats as well. Personally I found it to make the best sound on my Zed with that set up. Definitely a personal preference thing though. ;)

If you have HFCs then simply buy one of the quieter cat back systems mentioned, and that alone would probably reduce the volume considerably if your current one is loud. The quietest systems are those with the largest size and number of silencers, it's that simple so look at various options, Google image search to compare and determine if it's loud or not. Although it is subjective. The majority of us, when decat or HFC, would find the louder cat backs far too much. But then some of these are fine alone IF you retain your stock cats. So HFC and the cat back are your two factors. Loud systems may have only one pair of silencers. Typically the quieter systems have at least 2 at the front known as resonators or resonated and then a pair of large back boxes, or a pairs of smaller boxes with two resonator chambers which reduce volume a bit too. So that's what you're looking. Gemini, stillen, ark Grip are reasonably quiet, even with HFC. Cobra etc, I can't remember which but I can tell by looking a system if it's loud or not. Part of your loud volume is due to the HFCs, replacing these with stock cats would also reduce the sound even more, but not necessary or worthwhile in my opinion as you'd lose a bunch of power. The invidia Gemini is good looking and good value. See pic of invidia Gemini and notice the smaller pair of resonators/silencers and the two much larger ones that form the back box where the tips come out the bumped

3d75bc19edd65308c5625e96773702c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Scorpion does sound good with HFCs, as does Milltek, we can do a Milltek half system for £660

Full dual systems, Invidia and Ark are very popular, we should be able to do a deal on Invidia in the next few weeks.

Our range below if you need any options, if you get second hand you obviously don't get a warranty, we can supply fittings though as you will probably need them

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/exhaust/exhaust-systems.html?cars=4&dir=asc&order=price

• 3 weeks later...