Mothers Day - hope you've treated you mum today?

stanski

Took mum for day out in York....

Popped into Concertos bistro - opposite Minster - been going there for years , it was funny seeing the enforced family environment - Ve Vill be happy mit ze Kinder !!! :lol:

Dont think the blokes said much at all or even looked much at their missus! All the kids got the attention of course! Excuse not to talk to each other - such a shame really!

A couple beside us obviously with first born sprogg, talk about pandering to every little thing the damn little Devil wanted - just stop giving the damn thing so much attention and focus on your wife!! Coo blokes eh? :dry:

Having said that does your mum manage to push your buttons within minutes and get past all your be nice defences mine does - she has a gift! I still manage to lose my temper and it takes a hell of a lot for that to happen! :wacko:

Well put bud.

As I am away I sent flowers and a card from Moonpig ( great web site). She was very happy and phoned me to say thankyou. She still managed to win the 20 minute converstion with a few well aimed lefts and upercuts.

Its nice though that she treats me like I am 16, kind of reassuring, even though I am 51 :blush:

Mothers never change and I wouldnt want it any other way :D

Its nice though that she treats me like I am 16

As old as that - she still thinks I am 7!!! :headhurt:

So you still get your marching orders then in shops etc etc

And the ' I cant talk right now as I am busy at work' phone call that takes about 30 minutes anyway!

and so it goes on. One day she may not be there so I do let her off once I have cooled off and feel bad for getting annoyed with her - Parents eh - they always have the upper hand! ;)

Thats about right bud, she is still getting used to being on her own so lots of leeway given.

I am now allowed to shop for her, thats only been in the last year, I ran a catering business for several years :lol:. And Marks and Spencers need to get shops out of the town centre, Parking tickets are getting expensive, even with the disabled stickers :rant:

The one thing that really makes me smile is when I get the usual telling off for wearing jeans and driving a stupid car ( I should have bought a Jag :headhurt: ). My son, who is 23 then turns up in his chavved up Corsa and nothing is said. Seems it misses a generation.

I will argue with my wife ( and lose) but never with my mother :surrender:

My mother called me on Friday to se what I was doing for the weekend. As it’s her birthday next Sunday I said I’d be home that weekend and we made plans to go out for dinner. Today I got up, went to work (I’m on call this weekend), checked everything was ok, dropped €30 worth of fuel in the car and heading home for a surprise visit. I make as much time as I can for my mother. She’s on her own except for my spoilt cat and my brother only comes home once a year.

The downside was having to put another €30 in the car to get back to Dublin. Great drive though.

With my mum I have to do most stuff - I finally introduced her to Debit cards and she is taking an interest in mobile phones (I was going to stick her on my bill so at least she does'nt run out of phone credit but I just know those 30 mins phone calls will wipe me out!) :wacko:

I am even daring to buy her a laptop and introduce her to the web so she can get those QVC bargains quicker than on the telly!

Every time I pop round I have yet another 10 jobs to do on the house.

No one does Emotional Blackmail like mums do eh! ;)

Keeps me off the streets anyway!

(Chavved up Corsa eh Martin oh well we have to start somewhere?)

GC350z I hear this a lot about brothers in particular (I dont have any) bet your brother is the golden boy who can do now wrong but you have to work at it and do all the jobs for your mum? :dry:

I sent my mum Atonement on DVD via play.com to France where she lives. My son forgot me - what a surprise! However, he did buy me the Mark Ronson CD last weekend after I mentioned I wouldn't mind listening to it, which was totally out of character as he's never bought me anything for no reason - then again he did ask me a few hours later if I would lend him the money he needs to do his motorbike up! :dry:

I sent my mum Atonement on DVD
A top film but a bit sad for mothers day is'nt it? I was almost welling up at the end! :cry:

You see your mistake there your mum should live in this country with your son and you should live in France enjoying Zed cruising and fine wine - obviously not at the same time! :lol:

Got my mum an ipod nano and some headphones.. she is a gadget freak lol :lol:

i didnt realise bigphil sold ipods :blush:

:p:boxing::lol: Do I mention ESR that much? :lol::blush:

erm ......yeah :lol: you're one step away from getting an ESR tattoo mate :teeth:

too late doh!!! :blush::lol: