Bigger wheels bigger gap

bencider

Hi.. I am. Going to change my 18s to 19s. Will the gap between the arch and tyre increase also..

I was thinking of lowering the car just by 17mm but wondered if I should go more if I fit 19s..

Going from 18 gt wheels to 370 rays gt wheels

I've just changed my 18's to 19's. I'm pretty sure the gap looks bigger although I didn't measure it before. It's a lower profile tyre so that might be it. Definetly going to lower it a bit more when i get the chance

All depends on the profile of your tyre but if they are the same ie 245/45 then in effect you have a 1" bigger diameter so that means a half inch more ground clearence and half inch less arch gap.

But normally when you go bigger wheels the profile of the tyre reduces to give a similer total diameter to original oe spec which means there will be little difference.

I haven't put my 19" rims on yet but I'm lowered 17mm front 14mm rear (tein s springs)

They should be ok as they came of a Zed that was lowered more

489bcabe0ca118c8dd5ca05ed07c935b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So ben, that means your new wheels will give a 1.3mm bigger arch gap. Your a better man than me if you can see that by eye. Also new tyres have 7mm ish tread, if your old tyres were worn down to say 3mm that more than cancels it out anyway plus tyre pressures will effect it

Anyway what i am trying to say is theres hardly any difference but if you want it lowered, just do it

Haha I do work in mm..

I had no intension of doing anything.. Picked up the wheels looked at a stunning 370 and now I'm just going to get all sorts done now..

I will lower after deciding not to.. Just don't know how much.. I'm guessing the tein 17mm is plenty realisticly

Edited by bencider

Hi.. I am. Going to change my 18s to 19s. Will the gap between the arch and tyre increase also..

I was thinking of lowering the car just by 17mm but wondered if I should go more if I fit 19s..

Going from 18 gt wheels to 370 rays gt wheels

Is this a wind up ???