Black Revup

Jay84

Spoiler looks good on your black car i reckon, I'm on the fence about the whole "double spoiler" effect though, it put me off the Strosek spoiler Tarmac used to sell for that reason too. I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person at the Cooper arms

(ps. would have looked better with my spacers fitted!) :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sargara said:

Spoiler looks good on your black car i reckon, I'm on the fence about the whole "double spoiler" effect though, it put me off the Strosek spoiler Tarmac used to sell for that reason too. I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person at the Cooper arms

(ps. would have looked better with my spacers fitted!) :lol:

would have been cheaper too. :lol:

• 1 month later...

MOT day today. Nearly failed because i forgot to reconnect the hazard switch when i fitted the stereo. Other than that, straight through with no advisories...although we did emissions twice because of the HFC's not being hot enough. If I get ramp time later, its clutch slave fitting time as the pedal looses some travel on longer journeys. I also seem to get a minor clutch slip randomly, but only 500ish rpm, but then it snaps back, hoping the clutch plate isn't on its way out too. My usual experience of worn clutches are the speed catches up to the revs, this seems to be the opposite like the plate is losing pressure then getting it back again. Slave is cheaper than clutch though :lol:

• 3 months later...

Ok, so after deciding I don't need an exhaust for mine and that the HFC's were enough, I'm looking at Cobra resonated or Scorpion. I don't want it too loud, or to spend much over £500. I've been a little put off by the Japspeed due to fitment issues. But i'm happy to be convinced. Any other suggestions and links would be appreciated too. 

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 15:13, Jay84 said:

Number plate plinth removed, happy days. Was going to wash and polish, just soaped her up and a tropical storm hit, so no pictures yet. Before it started raining I went to sort my boot opening. Step one was to adjust the latch mechanism. I stripped my trim down, and found that the latch mechanism bolts weren't even tight. Positioned it up nice, tightened it up...no difference. Step 2 was to adjust the boot stops. It was here I discovered my n/s boot stop is missing. So rather than do anything to the o/s one alone, I figure I'll replace the missing one first to see if it makes a difference. A quick pm to zman and jon at emperor and now to wait...

Sorry to quote old post! I'm planning on removing mine on the weekend - It's pretty straight forward from the looks of it. Did you just double sided tape the reg back on to the front bumper? 

• 1 month later...

Well, we're coming to the other side of winter, and I decided to replace my battery as it gave up the ghost over winter. A 5 yr yuasa battery from work, and after not running for 3 months, she fired up without hesitation. Now to plan this years mods. I'm going to wrap my steering wheel inserts as they are a little worse for wear now. I'll eventually get around to fitting my new slave cylinder too. I'm going to attempt wrapping my headlights a light smoke purple colour. I was going to go for black, but i think it would be over kill. Then Zippypoos sent me a pic of a black one with yellow lights that looked ace. But I've done black and yellow a lot and fancy something different, so purple it is. I may do my door handles anthracite to match my wheels. Once funds allow I think i'll also get a resonated catback cobra system. Toying with sidesteps, and I still haven't fitted the Nismo spats I got last year. 

I managed to wrap the silver parts of my old zeds steering wheel (presume thats what you meant?) in situ. Just sat in the car with a hair dryer, some good vinyl and a credit card and it was relatively simple and took about 20-30 mins.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well after 6 months of inactivity thanks to work moving me around the Midlands week by week,  I've logged back in to the forum. I've also been 'forced' to spend on the zed. The clutch has been starting to slip for a little while now so it was time to replace. Also as the exhaust needs to come down and had a blow from a previous repair between centre and back box, I figured I should replace that too. I've gone with Cobra resonated and the clutch and lightweight flywheel kit from @Tarmac@TarmacSportz. Now to eagerly await the postman. 

• 3 weeks later...

MOT today, straight through no advisories. Then onto the end ramp to get the clutch and fly wheel replaced. The car had over 120k on the clock and no rust anywhere. The gear box oil looked brand new too so it's been well looked after all it's life. Here is the clutch plate... Still stamped us as Nissan. The tech wanted to know how I managed to get it to work without breaking down :lol:.

I also put on a shiny new cobra resonated system... I'm very happy. 

20180920_115917.jpg