Purple Bricks - Advice

Wendy

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has either Sold or purchased using Purple Bricks and is able to offer their experience.

Selling : -

How long did it take to sell ?

Did you do your own viewings, did you feel potential purchasers were able to negioate with you ?

Purchasing - Were you put off by no local agent and the seller completing their own viewings ?

Did you negotiate with the Seller or the Purple Bricks agent ?

Thanks in advance for your views and experience.

WEndy

I've only done viewings with them, as a potential buyer, so far. They were fine, same as all the others.

Granted, I've never actually been into an estate agent that "benefits" from a local office, they seem to be prone to ignoring emails and messages as you'd expect from unnecessary middle men (see travel agents) in fact I'd say one without an office might be a bit more inclined to take non-face-to-face contact a bit more seriously.

Their time is coming, disruptive technology will tear the house down sooner or later, when their expedia or uber or airbnb arrives. Sorry, I appear to have gone off on one :wacko:

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have worked through a list of Pro's and Con's with my experience so far.

Purple Bricks only come top on price - annoyingly.

From the agent I met - he seems to encourage Bidding Price Wars through their Website bidding system for potential purchasers.

Was not able to provide a valuation for my house, stating he did not know the area well enough - So he did no homework then !!

Not once did he say he liked my house. Even if I say so myself - it is a good house.

Could not attend my house for over 10 days from my initial enquiry.

Has made no follow up call.

I had been trying to get my head around this and just accept it and go for the price but think I am left actually having to spend quite alot more to get Customer Service.

I have had local agents around - the difference is huge.

If only it were a few years on - when even more folk are Internet savy.

I did however find out - some Local Agents do not advertise on Zoopla or Right Move - What really - yes, due to the expense !

Worth remembering to ask if anyone else is in the same boat.

Depends on the price of the house. If I wanted something £1m plus I wouldn't scour websites either, I'd expect the agents to know the properties and get me something I wanted.

For everything else under that though, yeah you'd really want to be on the big websites.

I used to be a valuer for an estate agency, I did follow up every valuation but I was flat out most of the time (albeit drinking coffee in people's houses). All enquiries and sales were for the most part dealt with via admin (negotitors) so don't be fooled by the guy who turned up.

Also don't get hung up on price. If you know the price you want to list for then suggest it to the agent you feel most capable. And 9/10 times they will accept and list your house. Yes, if price is outrageous its dead stock but you never know who's out there and as an agent you never know how accomplished a vendor is at reviewing price when you and they know it's unlikely to be achieved.

Iv not personally had experience with Internet agencies but I know they're usually cheaper fee's. From what iv been told, service does sometimes lack depending on how established they are.

Also, negotiate selling fee's, you've got nothing to lose. If your not in a rush to sell and there's free or minimal withdrawal fee then it's worth a shot I guess if you're considering it.

Edited by Exec