DIY Tyre Lettering

Strudul

Nice chop considering I know exactly how much time you had to do it. Bravo. Yeh, it looks nice with the louvre as well, I've always been a fan, but you definitely need to bring the rear bumper line down a bit before doing the letters (and plastidip the spoiler (if you dare :lol:)).

Edited by Aashenfox

Nice chop considering I know exactly how much time you had to do it. Bravo. Yeh, it looks nice with the louvre as well, I've always been a fan, but you definitely need to bring the rear bumper line down a bit before doing the letters (and plastidip the spoiler (if you dare :lol:)).

Was thinking side steps and g35 spats / mudguards. From a previous PS, I'm not sure I can get away with black ones though, might need to colour match.

Spoiler has a couple chips on it, so doesn't matter if I damage it. ;)

I had similar thoughts at one time, but after seeing them over and over, I decided I just can't get over how G35 spats don't quite look like they were designed for our car (durrr). It's one of those things that would hit me in my OCD 'it just doesn't look quite right'. And yeh, for the rear bumper, unless you change it for one with a lower line altogether (Chargespeed or similar), the only things that go with black side steps, imo, are the full TS style diffuser, the same but with G35 spats instead of the sides of the diffuser, and the Bottomline style rear spats.

I have the same dilemma, I have my side skirts now, waiting for a later date when I do a bunch of bodywork together, but I can't decide what other stuff to get to go with them. I'm prob going to go Nismo v2 style front and paint the lip black, with chargespeed or AMS 370Z style (if I'm feeling brave) rear bumper, or goo with stock fropnt and rear bumpers with a VS style lip in black and some kind of spat on the back, plus a tuck to show off my imitation HKS exhaust a bit before it turns grey forever cos it's cheap ebay tat. :lol:

• Like 1

Why would you write 350z on it? you've already got it and Z's all over the car and I don't think it needs 8 more :lol:

Hell, even Strudul would look better :lol:

Just an option, as I said, not decided yet.

Though to be fair, there is only one "350Z" on the exterior. People seem to have trouble knowing what car it is, so If I put the name in big white letters then maybe we can educate the world ;)

Don't say it like that, I'm sure "Strudul" would look great. :lol: Just that's a lot of letters and I'm lazy :blush:

Edited by Strudul

I like people not knowing...until they say it looks a bit like a TT...i dont like that bit as much.

Better than having someone say you look like you drive a TT :bleh:

Miles too big, you'll be scrubbing half the writing on the sidewall when turning.

Supposed to be helping work out how to make them, not criticising my sloppy Photoshoping :lol:

Aiming for something like this probably:

toyo-proxes-racing-billboard-tires-1.png

391231_yzcrl9y3wln_wlhwdevgpdqsw.jpg

Nitto-Invo-tire-Lettering.jpg

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 2

Aside: does anyone know what wheel this is? I'm in love. I know its CH-R style, like XXR 530s and similar, but this is different, it's more concave than CH-R and it doesn't have the strengthening webbing between the spokes that the cheap copies have.

Aside: does anyone know what wheel this is? I'm in love. I know its CH-R style, like XXR 530s and similar, but this is different, it's more concave than CH-R and it doesn't have the strengthening webbing between the spokes that the cheap copies have.

From what i recall that car was built by IND in america so it wont be on any knock off stuff like XXR or ch-r style these will be the real deal.

Edit: its not the car i thought IND was using Falken Azensis but they are VMR wheels

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

what about tyre stencils and some spray paint? i'd well consider this for my track car, but unfortunately they don't seem to do Federal :(

http://www.ebay.co.u...tencil&_sacat=0

Been suggested and considered. I might try it, but I think rubber will hold up much better in the long run without fading and becoming discoloured if I can find a feasible way to achieve it. :shrug:

they are VMR wheels

I knew I'd seen 'em somewhere before, very hot in the E92 community, thanks v much matey. VMR V710. Now to figure out how the hell I'm going to get them in the EU. This is the wheel I want, and will have if I can source it without paying customs. :/ They're still a cast wheel and not particularly light, but they're so beautiful... :cloud9:

EDIT: You know what...unless they are a one off special, I'm not so sure they are VMR, they aren't quite the same as either of the similar VMR styles, 710 and 810. The 710 have outer spokes that taper slightly inward at the edge of the rim, the photo above has almost parallel outer tines. The 810 has a distinct lip bevelled around the edge of the spoke design. Funny thing is if you married the two designs, their offspring would be exactly as photo...

I still have an account on e90post, I might go get some opinions :)

Edited by Aashenfox