Bad news. Good news kind of thing.

Wayne370Z

Bad news - I`m about to take a 240 mile round trip ro pick up my foreign currency for the holiday tomorrow which got delivered to the old address because I didn`t realise that I hadn`t changed the address on my Currency Club account.... :angry:

Good news - Where as I`d mormally go in the wife`s Mokka (£25 fuel as opposed to £50) I`m going in trhe zed in case she needs her car... :)

Oh .. and we`re off to Thailand tomorrow for 2 weeks in the sun .... :yahoo:

Edited by Wayne370Z

Yeh man, I live 4 kilometres from work, I look forward to any chance to stretch her legs. Win-win indeed. I might be tempted to forget to change my address again next time. Get a nice trip in the Z before leaving it behind, every holiday! Perfect.

My current 'stretch her legs' drive is from my house to the airport on weekends, because the airport McDonalds is the only one in all Greece that serves the breakfast menu, so I leave at 9.30 on Saturday morning, get there about 10ish, eat 3 sausage and egg mcmuffins, pick up a bag for the family, then cane it back. Simple pleasures :)

• Like 1

Never heard of currency club? I have always just drawn out cash from ATMs when I arrive?

I do the same and I'm yet to see any scheme/club/currency exchange that can beat ATM rates. Gonna google this, though and have a gander.

Done a quick check -

Currency Club Euro rate is €1.1321 if you order £1500+, lesser rates if you don't order as much.

MasterCard rate is €1.1527.

So it's just under 2% cheaper to use your card compared to the Currency Club. Of course this depends on your card, some have outrageous fees. Halifax Clarity has no fees for withdrawing cash or spending in foreign currency :)

I think Lloyds charge out at 1.5% on withdrawals from memory. I would never go abroad carrying fifteen hundred quid :scare: I dont think I have ever had more than £50 cash in my pocket in any currency on any trip I have been on for the last 5 years.

I think Lloyds charge out at 1.5% on withdrawals from memory. I would never go abroad carrying fifteen hundred quid :scare: I dont think I have ever had more than £50 cash in my pocket in any currency on any trip I have been on for the last 5 years.

The last time I got currency exchanged was 2007 when I went to Kenya. If I went again I'd get currency again, but only because of the obvious lack of ATMs and card machines.