Hill Start Assist - Can it be adjusted

Dicky

The hill start assist delay from talking my foot off the brake and moving it over to the accelerator seems a bit too long in that I have to either wait a couple of seconds for it to release or I get a squeezing from the rear brakes as I drive forward and it releases.

I've looked at the manual and the braking system seems to rely on several types of sensor under computer control, offering what looks like little to no adjustment for the diy'er.

Does anyone else experience the same delay/squeal and can this system be adjusted to improve its operation.

My wife's S-max has the same system and there's nothing to be heard when pulling away.

Edited by Dicky

Didnt know the 370z had that feature?

Well the 2010 Black edition has it, just wish it was better quality. It works every time it's just that it feels like an inferior system compared to the S-max. Descriptions I've read suggest it should hardly be noticeable, if at all.

I was hopeing there might be a software fix.

I hardly notice it on mine but I think that`s because it hardly ever comes on, as above, it`s very hit and miss. But when it does come on, it does seem to release as soon as I start to move off. On the wife`s Mokka it seems to be a lot better.

• Like 1

I hardly notice it on mine but I think that`s because it hardly ever comes on, as above, it`s very hit and miss. But when it does come on, it does seem to release as soon as I start to move off. On the wife`s Mokka it seems to be a lot better.

It's strange it's so hit and miss on other 370s. My daughters seems to work every time but it just seems to need a little tweaking to improve it.

I might email Nissan to see if I can get some guidance unless a knowledgeable member can share their thoughts.

Jjust shows the operational variability of the system, some work fine other make noises others intermittent operation.

I don't want to disable the system, I quite like it, I just want it to operate like our S-max or like Alpinamans.

Emailed Nissan yesterday and as usual NO HELP AT ALL!! After going to some length telling them how little confidence I have in my local dealers after years of poor service, what do they advise.....take it to the dealer.

It might not be on the manuals, only the autos? FWIW I have it on my BMW and bloody love it, bet it saves a lot of clutch too.

Other way round - I think it is only on the manuals.

I have it on mine and it seems that it only kicks on when the car is on or above a certain gradient. I find that certain small hills do not seem to engage the assist, but the steeper hills do.

Mine is great, it holds the brake for 2-3 seconds, or until you pull away. It sometimes takes a split second to realise I am trying to pull away before releasing but otherwise its great.

• Like 1

It might not be on the manuals, only the autos? FWIW I have it on my BMW and bloody love it, bet it saves a lot of clutch too.

Other way round - I think it is only on the manuals.

I have it on mine and it seems that it only kicks on when the car is on or above a certain gradient. I find that certain small hills do not seem to engage the assist, but the steeper hills do.

Mine is great, it holds the brake for 2-3 seconds, or until you pull away. It sometimes takes a split second to realise I am trying to pull away before releasing but otherwise its great.

Do you get a noise of any kind if you pull away before the time out period??

Do you get a noise of any kind if you pull away before the time out period??

Can't say I've noticed a noise, but I've probably only had it kick in maybe 6 times since having the car. The first time it caught me off guard and i maybe pulled away quickly, but the brakes held for a split second. otherwise it's fine. I'll keep an ear out though for next time and report back :D

• Like 1