2007 bonnet style and engine

Nikster

Hi I'm going to view a 2007 car it was registered on 29th of March but has the older style bonnet rather than the HR style with the 'bulge' would this mean that the engine isn't a HR? I assumed all 2007 onwards were HR engines. Unfortunately theres no engine picture so can't tell

Thanks again

Nik

Ah thought that could be the case do the 07 rev ups have any issues I should know of/check out?

Thanks

Just the usual stuff plus excessive oil consumption (not sure how you'd check for it though).

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

Ah thought that could be the case do the 07 rev ups have any issues I should know of/check out?

Thanks

Just the usual stuff plus excessive oil consumption.

Ahh how much is excessive? The enige I swapped into my old civic drunk like half a litre every few days (rings were gone)

It varies. Some have the problem, some have it worse, some don't have it at all. Not too much trouble if you keep an eye on it.

I think anything above 1 litre per 2k miles is excessive.

Edited by Strudul

It varies. Some have the problem, some have it worse, some don't have it at all. Not too much trouble if you keep an eye on it.

I think anything above 1 litre per 2k miles is excessive.

Okay I guess I'll have have to check the oil level and see then? Guess its a bit like lottery haha

If there is no bulge, it is 100% not an HR, the engine wouldn't fit under a normal bonnet. Are there any interior photos so you can be sure it's even a RevUp?

Okay,yeah it has the newer interior no pictures of the rpm cluster just the mileage.

If there is no bulge, it is 100% not an HR, the engine wouldn't fit under a normal bonnet. Are there any interior photos so you can be sure it's even a RevUp?

+1, on another note I have seen a few for sale over the past months with the power bulge bonnet that's been put onto the de or de revup by previous owners. I have a power bulge bonnet on mine too so be careful not to see it and be confused.

Twin air intakes under the bonnet is the surest way of checking I'd say.

• Like 1

+1, on another note I have seen a few for sale over the past months with the power bulge bonnet that's been put onto the de or de revup by previous owners. I have a power bulge bonnet on mine too so be careful not to see it and be confused.

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah i know what the HR look like I'll definitely be sure to check

Or dipstick position (front = HR, side = DE) :thumbs:

Kinda what a HR just for that haha 😂 the dip sticks on the de was a pain to get out lol

I'd prefer a HR for the extra horse power and some of the other changes. I just couldn't justify paying the tax on it when I wouldn't b driving it much (my zed has done 137miles so far this year! And that was mostly from taking it for a service)

• Like 1