GROUP BUY FRONT SPOILER REFLECTOR REPLACEMENT KITS

zippypooz

Hi guys n girls,

I'm gauging opinion here before i go ahead with this to see what interest i get.

I WAS looking to change my front bumper reflectors to clear rather than that dated orange set that comes with the car.

But looking at prices, i came to the conclusion that the bolt on replacements do seem a little high in price for what they actually are. Around £70 upwards!

So, being in the vinyl/reflective trade i'm thinking of making my own self adhesive kits that adhere directly over the reflector...1) at a much cheaper cost and 2) allowing the owner to colour code their reflector without having to remove the original one.

So, for instance, if you have a blue zed then you could purchase a blue reflective kit, a black zed, a black reflective kit and so on.

Colour wise i can do blue, black, red, white, yellow, orange and green...so, i'm wondering if there's any interest out there for this 'mod'!!

One more thing, I can also do standard coloured vinyls from gloss and matte colours to metallics should you not want reflectives.

Thanks for reading, your comments would be appreciated, for or against! :)

Edited by zippypooz
  • Like 1

I'd be interested. Got a black face lift, not sure what colour would look good lol

Sorry, i forgot to mention, i can do black reflective too. Black reflective glows white!

In that case god yes, will follow thread.

Edited by Jay84
  • Like 1

Me me me!

Maybe a bronze/gold to match the brakes, might seem a bit odd as it's not too far from orange but colour coding makes a massive difference!

I can do that if required yes, i get where youre coming from bud. Although it would need to be spot on as i wouldnt want to sell anything thats not pretty exact.

Good idea though. B)

• Like 1

Me me me!

Maybe a bronze/gold to match the brakes, might seem a bit odd as it's not too far from orange but colour coding makes a massive difference!

I can do that if required yes, i get where youre coming from bud. Although it would need to be spot on as i wouldnt want to sell anything thats not pretty exact.

Good idea though. B)

Like you I work in printing, so maybe Pantone 144c :teeth: hahaha!

• Like 1

Im going to make one as just the shape first and see how it looks just going straight over the little indents on the reflector. Im also gonna produce one that has holes in it so that the indents show through...I think the latter may be better as it will look like its supposed to be there and not just an add on...but we'll see how it comes out.

Nice to see some positive posts so thanks chaps. I'll post some photos of each when i'm done so i can get your opinions and so you can see what you'll be getting.

Please post more comments if you're interested...or uninterested!!...and should you have any questions id be happy to answer them!

Me me me!

Good idea though. B)

Like you I work in printing, so maybe Pantone 144c :teeth: hahaha!

Hahaha i'll check my pantone book!

If they are as good as the ones you custom made for my 350z last summer they will be a real hit on here.Great idea for others to enjoy the benefit of your skills at an afordable price.Surprised more folk haven't contacted you about your stoneguard protection for the front bumper too.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Hi, I'd very interested in these and would love to see how your prototypes turn out.

If it's anywhere in the affordable price range, under £30 or so then I'd be looking to order myself a pair too.

My car is midnight/twilight/san marino blue - paint code BW5 - if you want to try match a 350z colour

• Like 1

Hi, I'd very interested in these and would love to see how your prototypes turn out.

If it's anywhere in the affordable price range, under £30 or so then I'd be looking to order myself a pair too.

My car is midnight/twilight/san marino blue - paint code BW5 - if you want to try match a 350z colour

I'll see where i can go with this, id need to print on to white reflective and apply a gloss over laminate if i were to do this but i'll work out a costing.

I'll see where i can go with this, id need to print on to white reflective and apply a gloss over laminate if i were to do this but i'll work out a costing.

Okay sounds good. PM me when you have an idea of costing and whether colour matching will be possible. Thanks

• Like 1