Not feeling well at all!!

Sterally

Big hello to everyone im new here but been mooching about for a while doing searches.

I have a 03 jdm 350z that's constantly blowing out blue/white smoke and not a little, it looks like a magic show when I start it.

The car still starts with no problems and idles nice with no misfire I've checked the pcv valve and it's opening and closing with ease so don't think it's that. The timing has been checked.

I've taken it to a garage and they told me that there is no crankcase pressure therefore they couldn't do a compression test?!?!?' Sounds like bull to me. When I pull the oil cap at idle there is no pulsing air whatsoever there is no pressure from the vac pipes.

They also said that the drivers side bank is completely dry but the 3 cylinders on the right have oil in them.

They have said oil rings, stem seals, guides. But it seems to me that there is a blockage somewhere but I'm no mechanic.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of problem The garage wants £45 an hour to strip it (5hrs) just to identify the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve.

Leave that garage, compression test is done through the spark plug tubes and has nothing to do with the crankcase pressure as its for checking piston compression. The spark plug tube seals go on these cam covers (rocker covers) regularly, Torqen sells a kit to replace them or buy new/replacement ones off zmanalex.

Probably either your piston rings are worn or the stem seals are passing.

Thank for the replies fellas.

Yeah I'm gonna collect it in the morning think I'll enjoy investigating myself!

I hope it's not the head gasket I'm not losing any coolant but is using about a litre of oil every 1000ish miles but recently it's been off the road - it's way to bad to drive like that.

should there be some pulsing with the oil cap off or am I just clutching at straws with the blockage theory?

I dont know much about this stuff so please excuse my amateur two cents.

I have recently had this problem

Excessive white / blue smoke through the exhaust with part to full throttle (engine on load) on lift off there is no smoke, also no smoke on start up or idle

My garage said that as oil pressure increases with revs the oil is passing the piston rings and scraper rings leaving oil in the bores and therefore its being burnt. Sadly i had now had to have the engine rebuilt. I wish i could tell you the result of having this work done has fixed the problem but i can't. I wont get my key to the car for another few weeks while the finish putting it together

I'm sorry as this is really worst case for you. There are plenty of places that will do a rebuild for you and prices vary a lot!

Hope it gets sorted

Matt

I'm in South Wales I've taken it to another garage and they have done compression and leak down test and believe oil is passing the rings so will need a rebuild😬 He's pricing it up for me and will ring tomorrow with a price! What should I expect if it is blown seals and how many hours work is a rebuild on one of these.

Thanks again guys