Imgur fubar?

KyleR

So I was trying to upload a screenshot to Photobucket earlier for a post on here and for some reason unbeknown to me it wouldn't show up in my photo album in iOS to be uploaded. Quickly emailed it to myself and uploaded it via the laptop and all was fine, but I decided to try Imgur that a few people blast on about being so amazing and Photobucket being awful etc etc.

Signed up on the website, all seemed fine, then downloaded the iOS app and logged in to be met with absolutely no images showing anywhere.

D46158A7-8731-4095-9706-0242022622B2.png

6DA31ED7-AA24-4D6D-8665-AE86AD69241D.png

Anyone else having this issue? Is it a common thing, or just a coincidence that I signed up and it's broken?

Images hosted by Photobucket, because it actually works... mostly lol

Edited by KyleR

Photobucket as a desktop based platform is utter tosh - over run with advertising and has become so slow its farcical. Imgur on desktop is really clean, fast and relatively ad free. I rarely use apps to upload photos etc mostly do all my photo work on desktop so never really aware of how good or bad an app version is.

• Like 1

I just clicked the little man shaped icon in the bottom right and all my photos appear?

But yes I got all the images come up...

Made a post, clicked the man, and same thing as the other screenshots, just greyed out :wacko:

Photobucket is a bit slow, I admit, but it works and I only get one ad per log in.

EDIT: Desktop works fine, only the app is on hiatus.

Edited by KyleR

On another thread chatting with Dan I took a screen grab of my photo bucket which showed no less than 3 adverts on just the library page in one go - not including the splash adverts I get when I log in. PB is definitely slower and more advert dominant.

On another thread chatting with Dan I took a screen grab of my photo bucket which showed no less than 3 adverts on just the library page in one go - not including the splash adverts I get when I log in. PB is definitely slower and more advert dominant.

I just logged in again to take screen grab of mine, but there was no ads at all :lol: Are you using any ad blockers?

Intrigued and bored (and 99% IT illiterate :blush: ) so did a google - maybe the answer in this link helps :surrender:

http://apple.stackex...ificate-revoked

Had a look, that appears to be aimed at Macs and Safari, which is working fine for me, it's the app on iPhone that has the issue.

I found a load of posts from a year or so ago about the same issue only with iTunes app and setting the time and date to the correct time fixed it, however my time and date is fine and set to auto, so I'm completely baffled.

I just logged in again to take screen grab of mine, but there was no ads at all :lol: Are you using any ad blockers?

Cant have ad blockers on my laptop at work so lumbered with it. At home have an ad blocker but sites are cottoning on to this and restricting content if you block ads (as the ads fund the site) so it wont be long before most free sites will ask to disable your ad-blocker. I would rather start out on and use one that at least (for now) has a lower ad environment than PB.

I think most of us agreed that PB is slower and has more ads on the previous thread about PB dying - but that the app wasn't so good.

Cant have ad blockers on my laptop at work so lumbered with it. At home have an ad blocker but sites are cottoning on to this and restricting content if you block ads (as the ads fund the site) so it wont be long before most free sites will ask to disable your ad-blocker. I would rather start out on and use one that at least (for now) has a lower ad environment than PB.

I think most of us agreed that PB is slower and has more ads on the previous thread about PB dying - but that the app wasn't so good.

That sucks! I've seen a few sites warning of Adblock being detected and to turn it off to view etc, but a lot of the time you can scroll past it :lol: Even if I can't I pause it to use the site or select it not to run on that particular site if I use it often. I can't disagree with PB being slow, it can be at times and from a quick look at Imgur it appears good, it's just a shame I can't get the app working right now or I would have probably been convinced.