Flippy lid on centre console...

breay

Hello peeps!

Does any one know if on non GT cars (without sat nav) is there a way of adjusting or modifying the cubby hole that would have the sat nav screen in so that the lid part retracts into the fascia without just lifting up? I know its prob a stupid question but ive seen a few that do retract fully and just wondered if you can make them all do it some how??.

Cheers

The cubby your on about is on previous 03/ 04 models... After 05 it was changed to the one you have!!!

Sometimes people intall their own setup an thus remove this cubby... Advertise in the wanted section an keep an eye on ebay - sometimes they crop up ;)

As far as your question goes I don't think you can mod the original setup

Well i have a 54 reg non GT, but my cubby lid just lifts up and i was thinking of installing some cheeky defi's in the cubby so they could be covered up if i so desired but i dont like the way the lid on mine sticks out so far! any one know if they replaced the retracable one with the lift up one because the original was a bit fragile etc??

Changing the standard cubby to the retractable type has been covered before - PINGU posted up in January:

I bought the satnav cubby from USA - if you search through threads in ICE section for screen install you will find the info I posted at the time (including parts diagram).. I installed the screen myself (touchscreen 7inch - this is the best size to fit here) and you can find info using search on that..

Hope that helps.... :thumbs:

Changing the standard cubby to the retractable type has been covered before - PINGU posted up in January:

I bought the satnav cubby from USA - if you search through threads in ICE section for screen install you will find the info I posted at the time (including parts diagram).. I installed the screen myself (touchscreen 7inch - this is the best size to fit here) and you can find info using search on that..

Can't u post the link - be alot easier/ friendlier :dry:

Can't u post the link - be alot easier/ friendlier :dry:

You getting me to wear out my search finger rather than yours :dry: - here you go hope it helps ;) As you will see PINGU did not offer a further link but hope the rest of the the thread might be useful?

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ight=cubby

Hmmm. I have an 04 and it flips up.

I feel cheated.

but do you have nav?

The 03/04 ones with Nav retract "into" the dash

one thing I've wondered though after looking at our other Z (03 with Nav) - the color seems different than on my car (04 no nav) -mine seems more matte black whereas the other one we have is a bit glossier