Insurance for 22 years old?

Destin

Hello. Is there any chance to insure 350z in normal money? I have tried few insurane companies, the lowest quote was 2600. I'll be 22 years old in april. 4 years driving licence. 1 NCB (renewal in september)

I am driving honda accord 2.4 right now, paying 1300 for third party only with Aviva.

Any tips?

Cheers

22, 0 years NCB, license for 2 years, 10k miles ~ £740 with Admiral.

Pretty hefty discount from adding both parents as named drivers and multicover (parents car + home insurance).

By the way, comprehensive is cheaper than TP / TPFT 90% of the time (which is stupid, but true).

Edited by Strudul

Hello. Is there any chance to insure 350z in normal money? I have tried few insurane companies, the lowest quote was 2600. I'll be 22 years old in april. 4 years driving licence. 1 NCB (renewal in september)

I am driving honda accord 2.4 right now, paying 1300 for third party only with Aviva.

Any tips?

Cheers

Have you tried our scheme?

a few of the insurers on here wont insure you unless you are over 25 (atleast thats what i was told when i called them)

im with adrian flux at the moment and the blew everyone else out the water by over £1000, currently paying £1320, im 23 with 5 years NCB but i have 6 points and a non fault insurance claim against my name (the claim still put the price up for some reason even though it was non fault)

definately drop adrian flux a call or use the comparison websites for the best deals, Also Sky and A Plan are good calls they came in with the 2nd and 3rd cheapest policies for me and that was with all mods declared and a few that i haven't done yet.

I'm 22 now, 21 when I took out my policy with admiral and I'm paying £1300 or thereabouts with mum as a named driver and her Peugeot insured on a multicar policy. Think I had 2 years experience and 2 years no claims... Her premium went up slightly but it still worked out as a big saving for us a household so definitely try the multicar route if you can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ 2 on Admiral. I'm 21 years old and I insured my Zed for the first time last month. It was £970 fully comp all mods declared. I have 4 years driving experience and 1 years NCB. I found that comparison sites were coming up much more expensive some showing admiral at £1,600. I rang up elephant & admiral direct and they came back both under £1K. I went with elephant but all my paperwork arrived in the post was from admiral -they are all part of the same company I believe.

I also added my father which dropped it down a few hundred and believe it or not my 22 year old sister who brought the policy down by £80 with her on! How many miles you intend to do also has an impact, I've got 9,000 miles on mine but if you put it down to 4-5,000 it decreases a fair amount, depends how much you intend on using it.

I live in a pretty good postcode which I think helped a fair amount.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah admiral as well for me. ^^^ as above its important to say what mileage you actually do I always put down 10,000 even though I know I only do about 4,000 or less so doing this knocked price down a bit.

Any tips?

Cheers

Have you tried our scheme?

Yes. I have been quoted for £4500 pounds (compreshieve, £600 voluntary excess) and £3600 for third party with £1000 voluntary excess... I think that I've tried all of insurance providers that I found here. Best offer was over £2000 anyway. Im in uk since 2014, may it be a reason?

Edited by Destin

• 2 months later...

I think I see the problem here

Moving from overseas and having no records with UK insurers will push the price up significantly as they essentially act like this time didn't exist...

I believe that there theory is whilst you may have a squeaky clean record for this period, they can't verify it

What may be possible though is getting a letter sent over my your previous insurers from the other country you were in before the UK, however I doubt this would drop the quote significantly..

To give you some perspective, my colleague who is French, 28 and female with no points and no accidents (despite being a stereotypically french driver) is paying about £1k a year for a suzuki swift

What will probably help to reduce the quote is doing an advanced driving course, again I'm not sure by how much!

Best thing to do really is be patient and shop around

Edited by z21

I was with Elephant since I got my car at 19 years old, however 2 years down the line (now I've started to add mods) my premium went through the roof when I got my renewal through. So I am now with A-Plan who cover all my modifications at a reasonable price.