Berk HFC with Cobra Back (EML On)

jamiebridge

I have tried to search this but cant find an answer close enough to what i'm asking.

I have recently had Berk HFC's installed and already had a cobra back with stock y pipe. My EML now comes on after 2-3 days (i do fairly short journeys, apart from at the weekend).

Im wondering if 02 spacers will sort this, as i thought they were already built into the berks? But i'm guessing adding spacers will just extend the built in ones and may sort the issue?

Is this worth a try?

Thanks in advance.

*edit: I cant afford an uprev at this moment in time, so that isn't an option right now.

Edited by jamiebridge

Imo adding O2 spacers to the Berks will be a waste of time with the only real way to fix the problem being having an UpRev.

If you can't afford the UpRev rather than buying the spacers a better use of your money would be to get an OBDII reader so you can read any error codes, reassuring you that when the EML does come on it is only because of the O2 sensors & nothing else, ...it will also make switching the EML off a doddle. ;)

• Like 1

From the motordyne sales pitch

"The Motordyne Iso Thermal plenum spacer adds 12HP-14HP and reduces the effect of power robbing heat soak by thermally isolating both the upper and lower plenum. Its 5/16″ thickness provides the best overall performance and is fully compatible with your engine cover and strut bar.

All Motordyne Iso Thermal systems keep your upper and lower plenum cooler without the risk of throttle body freezing when driving in cold weather."

• 1 month later...

I have this issue with my berks too and it annoys me I don't want it remapped and I hate clearing the light constantly. Clearly the 02 sensors are designed for no cats so surely a 1/2 size spacer would be more likely to give a better reading? I've never looked at the data but I'd guess the HFC's act as 1/2 a cat in terms of the sensor output, with a spacer then the levels swing to the other side? Is a half height spacer possible?

• Like 1