Vortech V3 filter removal HELP

iLott

The following came from the Yank forums, dont know if it helps:

lossen lug nuts

jack car up

remove lugs

remove wheel

with a 10mm socket, remove the bolts from the lower heat shield that tie into the front fender liner ( i think 3)

with a flat head, pop the 3 plastic clips holding the fender liner in

remove fender liner

remove filte

Yeah I did crush it and remove it, seems a bit ridiculous that this is the way to remove it, or spend an hour taking other bits off just to get to it. Oh well it's done now thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've fitted a large k&n cone filter above my intercooler and temporarily connected it with flexible aluminium piping. I will be getting something more permanent fabricated but for now it works a dream and keeps the filter away from the engine bay

Paul

I've fitted a large k&n cone filter above my intercooler and temporarily connected it with flexible aluminium piping. I will be getting something more permanent fabricated but for now it works a dream and keeps the filter away from the engine bay

Paul

Did you see Sam Mcgoo's guide on doing that Paul?

Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...air-intake-cai/

It's where I got the idea to do it on mine when I had it. Such a better place for the filter plus you can actually use quite a big filter. B)

KampNCAI1_zps31bab2e2.jpg

;)

Good idea. I've cleaned mine 5 times now and still getting as much dirt out each time as I did on the first attempt. Even with the bubbles of oxy stain removed mixed with carbonated water still doesn't manage to clean it right out. So time for a new one I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ I still have no idea what magic you use to get the Zed in & out of that garage. :surrender::lol:

Thankfully I dont have to now its in my friends double garage sooo much easier to get in it now :lol: I haven't seen it for 3 months now though so really miss it!

Evilscorp that intercooler is mahoosive :lol:

Move it out front ilott you will get an element of heatsoak where it is now im sure, so out front at least its away from all of that

• Like 1

Here you go chaps. Just did mine.. not too many dramas..

http://www.350z-uk.c...80#entry1698896

FWIW, not sure that the removal of the wheel arch trim instructions work on RHD cars - it looks to me like the metalwork and A/C pipes still get in the way.. I could be wrong as I didn't bother trying wheel arch trim route and did it from the top, but.. looks crowded to me :shrug:

IMG_2016.jpg

:thumbs: