GT/ST 04 SOLD SOLD SOLD

rickya

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spend £15 on autotrader, dont change your prices from the original price that you put up a few days ago. See how many bites you get on the ad!

ring up a few dealers with good reputation in the market and check out their buying prices. if you advertise £17k and they offer you £15k... I would still sell as you have discounted it to that price effectively on here.

I guess it is due to the colour which is brilliant in the summer...but there has to be a buyer who wants that colour and appreciates the look of the car...unless someone comes along that way...waiting is the name of the game bro!

If I get much less than that, Il say screw the Impreza Spec C, Im keeping the zed!!

Now that would be a good decision :thumbs:

No chance of Litchfield giving you a reasonable trade-in price and then avoiding the hassle of being without a car? Might not get the money you would prefer but at least you have a done deal and can stop worrying ;)

if i was a buyer i could smell the desperation !! and no matter how much you reduce it - i would expect to pay less

sorry but thats the impression this sale gives mate

Might be, but it also shows the reduction in price & good deal they are getting from me. I always have the option to refuse silly offers as Im not in any real desperation to sell to be truthful. (I havent placed on order or bought my new car yet its just the excitement of buying a new car). I mean you go to Currys & Dixons etc & see "price slashed by 30%" etc, it doent mean they'r desperate to sell, its just an incentive for the customer to buy their product & the customer to see they are getting a good deal. When I to the shops & see these offers, I dont think right I better offer them a tenner for it cos they must be desperate to sell, I think thats a good deal, not to be missed, I might buy that.

if i was a buyer i could smell the desperation !! and no matter how much you reduce it - i would expect to pay less

sorry but thats the impression this sale gives mate

Might be, but it also shows the reduction in price & good deal they are getting from me. I always have the option to refuse silly offers as Im not in any real desperation to sell to be truthful. (I havent placed on order or bought my new car yet its just the excitement of buying a new car). I mean you go to Currys & Dixons etc & see "price slashed by 30%" etc, it doent mean they'r desperate to sell, its just an incentive for the customer to buy their product & the customer to see they are getting a good deal. When I to the shops & see these offers, I dont think right I better offer them a tenner for it cos they must be desperate to sell, I think thats a good deal, not to be missed, I might buy that.

dixons and currys are different kettle of handbags mate, this is a private sale, i'm just saying thats what it reads like from here :surrender:

most stores dont accept offers :thumbs:

Can't believe it :rant: I have a buyer very interested; put down a deposit; then got the AA do an inspection today. So I took half day off work for it &:

AA guy has put the buyer off from buying for the following reasons:

-because it is modifed...........alloy wheels; fujitsubo exhaust & JWT popcharger :rant:

-because clutch is a little noisey when depressed!! I told him its a known 350z quirk, but he said he's driven loads & never heard it! :angry:

& finally a surprise to me: was that with his paint depth elcetronic gizmo he said that at some point the lower part of the door & lower part of rear qtr panel has been sprayed as paint is thicker on machine. I asked if its something to worry about & he said no its a very good job, but the machine can work it out. But he said its quite normal for a 4 year old car to have has some spray paint work e.g if someone keys up the side of your car etc I said yes I know I closed the garge door on my Impul wing last week & had to have that all resprayed at a cost of £150!

Now Im having to explain to the buyer what a noisey clutch release bearing is & that a JWT popcharger is a much sought after zed item!!!! I think Im just gona part ex it at Litchfields & be done with it, I havent got the time & patience for a private sale!!!! :wacko:

tell the buyer to come on here, we'll put him straight, they are nominal mods that almost everyone would do

you could offer to put it back to standard ?

ps. i drove a few before i bought and they all have noisy thrust bearings !

The funny thing is the buyer liked it because of the mods but has been put off by the AA chap who apart from the resprayed lower half of door & wing found nothing wrong with it, but just wouldnt buy a modded car!!

Could it be that the AA don't like to recommend buying modded cars incase any of the mods contribute to a fault after purchase?

Either way its utter bollocks. Varying thicknesses of paint could be down anything, new cars have been known to differing levels of paint thickness. It could also be down to some over eager detailing with a rotary doodah :blush:

I'd wanna kick the AA guys head in :dry:

Could it be that the AA don't like to recommend buying modded cars incase any of the mods contribute to a fault after purchase?

Either way its utter bollocks. Varying thicknesses of paint could be down anything, new cars have been known to differing levels of paint thickness. It could also be down to some over eager detailing with a rotary doodah :blush:

I'd wanna kick the AA guys head in :dry:

I'm bloody surprised the AA guys machine could register the thickness of a zeds paint.Must have worked to extremely small tolerances. :lol:

Direct the buyer to here Ricky, he can read the comments and make his own mind up about the mods having been reassured.

Well I think I might, Il see how things go. At the end of the day the average first time zed buyer is never gona have the knowledge that we have on the subject to make better judgements than an AA guy, so they end up listening to the so called qualifyed AA vehicle inspector..... :surrender:

Looks like she going tommorow! :( :( :dummy::byebye::help::sorry:

ps Nissan took it for test drive ; stuck on ramps & did MOT (passed with nothing to do) & said that its in A1 condition & nothing at all wrong with clutch...............so :nono: to rubbish AA inspections :lol:

Yes I gave him one card; stuck one on the windscreen; one in the service book folder & car has sticker on rear tailgate window; & emailed him link........that should do it I reckon!!