Is it worth "upgrading" to the 370z

secretstar07979

Apart from the fact that they are actually MPSS :scare: :scare: :scare::lol:

Its not just here, every forum everywhere now recommends them, they are pretty awesome. Very tempted to stick some Cups on before track season this year as the only downside to the MPSS are they get a bit melty on a hot trackday, but as road tyres they are the don.

I also had MPSS all around, and never managed to spin the wheels (awd lest we forget), amazing car with those tyres, just could NOT upset it, but therein lies the rub, what fun is it to drive a car that never gets upset? Transformed the car, those tyres, no question about it, and it's not like it had crap on before, they were sportcontact5.

I deliberately put a budget tyre on the Zed (albeit a good one, Barum) as I'll be staying stock power for a long time and still want some arse out action (oo-er, no deliberate misunderstandings please). MPSS would have killed all my fun (or so I imagine).

Apart from the fact that they are actually MPSS :scare: :scare: :scare::lol:

Its not just here, every forum everywhere now recommends them, they are pretty awesome. Very tempted to stick some Cups on before track season this year as the only downside to the MPSS are they get a bit melty on a hot trackday, but as road tyres they are the don.

I know, was just jesting.

Have Vreds on my car, never spun the wheels, never lost it, guess I am not driving my car hard enough :lol:

The N54 is a great engine,and can go to big bhp.... But it can be brittle and land you with huge bills if and when it starts to go wrong..

The N55 was similar but cheaper to manufacture unit...

I had the N54 in a Z4 35is,was mapped to 400bhp and was a bit of a weapon really...It never span the wheels at 100mph+ though...

My Zed came with "Kenda Kaiser" tyres which I determined must have set the previous owner back about £200 for the whole lot. Even if it just rained yesterday, driving gently at 20mph in 3rd gear can spin the wheels if I'm not pointing straight forwards...

I thought my fi'd 350 was brilliant, i had zero intention of selling, but i was using the car more on track than road and realised i would better off in something more suited to track use.

I would have another for sure :)

Exactly. My S2000 got chopped many years ago for something more track focused (NA YAB Cosworth Westfield). Very tempted to go downforce car now, but then absolutely no chance of using it on the road.

But that is why I bought the 350Z in the first place. On the road, it's a do all machine but other vehicles are required for other uses.

I am not sure I agree entirely, I was quite happy tracking the 350 as many members do, for what it is, I.e a nice comfy road car, it is very capable on track, but thats pretty much all I was using it for, so there were cars much better suited to the task.

I guess it comes back down to which boxes are the priority for being ticked, but if those boxes need ticking in equal measures, a charged 350 ticks them all and for 370z money or less i would much prefer the former or 135i.

Edited by Jetpilot