Ztrudul

Strudul

Having some last minute thoughts about the last louvre blade...

Pics on page 3, but trying to decide whether to cut it straight (like most louvres) or leave it curved out (following the curve of the glass edge and spoiler).

Opinions?

LM8u9HY.jpg

lGmMlfz.jpg

hPLMg0o.jpg

LZD2FgZ.jpg

Edited by Strudul

can't you remove the bottom one then do one the same size as the rest and have a reverse bottom one going back to the glass following its shape.

Not sure I follow. Do you mean a flat piece laid on the glass at the bottom, or starting there and going up to meet the back edge of the last blade?

can't you remove the bottom one then do one the same size as the rest and have a reverse bottom one going back to the glass following its shape.

Not sure I follow. Do you mean a flat piece laid on the glass at the bottom, or starting there and going up to meet the back edge of the last blade?

just to be awkward probably somewhere in the middle :D

:lol:

I take it that you are imaging something that will be at a different angle to the rest then?

Problem with that is, every blade is finely tuned to give completely unrestricted vision through the rear window. With how the Z is designed, half your vision out of the back window happens under that last blade. so anything at any other angle will ruin visibility :(

Little update.

Had a separate thread for 25/30mm spacers install here and finally got round to sorting my driver side emblem and passenger side wheels yesterday.

Nice blue skies today, so a few pics :)

CmC9HZR.jpg

v4Jk2qt.jpg

0pTD3A9.jpg

3yxeqex.jpg

GqqPmSj.jpg

ao2LZwo.jpg

qRYznol.jpg

tctORW5.jpg

QjD1LLt.jpg

RXrp4WD.jpg

5JkpL02.jpg

eBqMAKV.jpg

yvfUZsf.jpg

rHO6BN9.jpg

THUhr1Z.jpg

7RHIObh.jpg

l64Mr9V.jpg

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Louvres are coming along, just got to finish painting them and get them mounted, shouldn't be too long now.

However, apart from reinstalling a load of trim, today was spent doing some front bumper investigation. Seeing as it needs a respray, the plan is to shave the front emblem and license plate while I'm at it. License plate is secured out of the way for now to keep it legal, and at some point I'll try get all those holes filled.

Looks like gash, but it's only supposed to be temporary. Hopefully it'll encourage me to get it sorted sooner rather than later :lol:

mhEDelv.jpg

gs4BNuW.jpg

Edited by Strudul

How are those tyres? I've never heard of Evergreen.

Shh, don't draw attention to them or Dan will come shout at me again. :unsure:

I've only got 1 Evergreen, the rest are Riken Maystorms (like that's any better :lol:), and yep, they're mixed on the rear axle ;)

Let's just say that corners are... exciting... and the skid light is almost a permanent feature.

Weren't my choice, they were just on the car when I bought it. I got through winter without them killing me, although there was a brief stint where I stupidly turned the TCS off and almost regretted it. They are starting to get low now, so I finally have an excuse to change them without it feeling like a waste. Tempted by MPS, but swaying towards Falkens I think. :happy:

Edited by Strudul

• 1 month later...

Been a while, but finally doing stuff again. Unfortunately it's not louvres, but they are still in the pipeline and just need priming / painting.

Spare tranny mount and polyurethane is all ready for a DIY tranny mount, just need to drill the mount out and rig something up to keep everything in place while the PU sets.

As for stuff done today....

Bumper off:

qJGVC77.jpg

Surface keyed:

qc8yuCV.jpg

Fibreglass filler on and sanded:

nJMq94S.jpg

Plastic Flexi Filler on and waiting to set:

VqSj9yb.jpg

And sanded. Needs another layer to sort out a few little niggles still. Doesn't need to be perfect since I'm not ready for the next stage yet and will be giving it another once over before I paint, but i was just sick of having holes in my bumper. :lol:

n48BTyz.jpg

Edited by Strudul

Really good sand and another layer of filler. Also found a stone chip, so thought I'd tackle that while I'm at it. Hopefully I won't get carried away and start trying to sort all the little stone chips / scratches and end up repainting the entire car...

pKtLYbd.jpg

Vxo5iou.jpg