Love/Hate list of your 370z

Alpinaman

504bhp.jpg

I'll just leave that here for Richf ;)

My 370z is not as fast of the line or as quick round the corners as the 350 was but top speed is better (tested on the way to the ring ) and it's a nicer place to be.

Loved them both the only thing I hate is lack of time to drive the 370 :(

• Like 2

504bhp.jpg

I'll just leave that here for Richf ;)

My 370z is not as fast of the line or as quick round the corners as the 350 was but top speed is better (tested on the way to the ring ) and it's a nicer place to be.

Loved them both the only thing I hate is lack of time to drive the 370 :(

I had a supercharged 370z as well if you recall, was bored with it within weeks and even they still make disappointing torque (On a dyno dynamics dyno) imo, my stock 2.0l daily driver makes more torque that my N/A 370z could produce even after all the mods I did

A Civic will feel quicker than the 370z because of the shorter gearing but the 370z can build speed at an impressive rate

img001_zpsv2ujlake.jpg

• Like 1

It's not fast enough standard partly because it doesn't even make the claimed power. But I have come from a supercharged type R to an Uprev 370z, both the same BHP but the type R is much faster. I don't think it's so much of an issue in 09, but right now, the 328bhp in the heavy car is a bit slow and behind. Even a genuine 350-360 bhp would have made a big difference if possible within tolerances of the engine/emission etc. I don't mind the road noise but I notice it easily. And I have the GT Edition which I'm told has rectified this slightly? Stock exhaust too quiet. Gearchanges are good because of synchro rev but reverse engagement isn't natural for me (pressing down). The type R gearbox was much smoother but I still prefer the 370z overall.

Perhaps the front end is too basic, 2015 nismo got it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean it doesn't make claimed power? This isn't something i've heard before, although I don't frequent the '70 section too often, but the '50 was claimed for being one of the few cars that actually meet or exceed the claimed bhp.

Depends on the dyno you use , my GT Edition made 309hp with a catback , intake pipes , K&N filters and a remap on the Dyno Dynamics at H-Dev ! I never dynoed it totally stock

Thats a lowly 250hp at the wheels

img032_zpszgov1rmk.jpg

That is genuinely shocking! What's that, 40-50 hp down on where it should be after the remap? :wacko:

KyleR, no. The wheel figure is not what we look at. He said it made 309bhp,so that's nearly 20bhp lower than claimed stock, depending on how accurate that dyno is. But I'd be surprised if the dyno itself is responsible for that much decline. If that's had a remap then its even worse.

Mine made 311 bhp totally stock

Would ha e thought it might get a bit better when it loosens up , only on 9k

Then we have this one which is again, around 17bhp lower than claimed. I don't have experience with these dynos, the most accurate rollers IMO are tdi north, and they map our cars too. My supercharged type R made 341 BHP there, I might ask him (Paul West) what figures he tends to get. But he maps mostly Hondas.

Its not only the Nissan that doesnt run at its quoted figures....

Most of the "S" derived engine in BMW's dont either...

I think they will run tests in perfect conditions,nicely run in,perfect temps,perfect air density etc etc to get the best possible figures.

Using my arsedyno my 370z feels very similar to my previous Z4M and 911 C4s....

Like: reliability - and when something does let go its hundreds rather than thousands. Means I get to enjoy the redline without worrying :)

Dislike: people confusing a GT for a sports car. Oh and the tyre noise on potenzas is dreadful. Better engine mounts would be nice too.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've no idea if mine has any LSD, 2011 GT edition 370. The standard mechanical LSD on my FN2 was great, it would pull you around roundabouts. However since supercharging it I couldn't go full throttle around corners and it wouldn't activate so much. Anyway, does anyone know if mine has LSD?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it does

All GT cars did, not only the GT edition..

I do find the viscous diff works well, it allows a bit more slip..

Ok not the immediate bite of a mech diff but more than adequate for fast road work

I found the stock diff unpredictable , lock up varies massively with oil temperature, best mod I ever did on my car was to replace it

As for dyno figures you will easily see 328hp out of a stock 370z on some dyno's, especially a Dynojet but I only posted mine as many people can relate to dyno dynamics charts and a large amount of people on here have had their car on the H-Dev rollers so can compare it to their own car.

2010 370Z GT, like:

looks from all angles

effortless power in any situation

Excellent audio / USB / MP3 setup

Rays alloys

General cabin quality - still tight as a drum

dislike:

small boot

poor heating system (just mine)

the way I have kerbed the Rays alloys

suspension too hard for UK roads = tyres tend to leave road more easily, affecting handling and confidence.

Regarding comments above along the lines of "Acceleration is so poor in 6th gear". This is by design and many cars are the same. When I had an RX8, exactly the same comments were made. If its that bad, forget 6th, it won't make much difference

When launched I think the 370z was among the top in its class in regards to power I believe, mainly performance value for money. Generally speaking even a stock Z is not a slow car and pulls as well as you'd expect in 6th gear from 3000rpm onwards but as newer cars come out the performance and expectations increase. There are many performance turbo engines that make our low down power/torque feel like it's lacking a little. But that's the nature of this NA engine in particular, it won't make loads of torque from 1500 like a turbo diesel etc but it's no slouch either. Competition just gets tougher and if you think a 370Z is by any means slow, then you're obviously used to driving something quicker and/or newer! Ultimately NA is not as efficient as turbo applications in producing a more usable power band, efficiently and retaining lower emissions etc. Turbos are faster, produce more power and are better in every way but our 3.7ltr V6 has loads of character and sounds great. You could put a 2.5ltr turbo in the 370z, it would make the same power, weigh less, even more low torque and lower emissions, more mpg yet it won't sound nearly as good or be as fun ;)

I feel that remapping the 370Z to 350-360bhp with exhaust etc vastly improves things, including performance which might be slightly outdated now that the hot hatches are coming out the factory with 300-350bhp ;)

• Like 1