Had new cobra non-res fitted

Dudey52

Had my new exhaust fitted a couple of days ago. I went with non-resonated and its too droney for me. Is there anyway I can get a resonator put on there? Should I email cobra for a quote? Does a resonator fix the drone with the cobra exhaust?

Damn I've ****ed up :(

Had my new exhaust fitted a couple of days ago. I went with non-resonated and its too droney for me. Is there anyway I can get a resonator put on there? Should I email cobra for a quote? Does a resonator fix the drone with the cobra exhaust?

Mate you should have come to the Essex meet or contacted me for a meet up! Got the cobra resonated on mine and I love it. Loud enough for the public but with no drone!

Mate you should have come to the Essex meet or contacted me for a meet up! Got the cobra resonated on mine and I love it. Loud enough for the public but with no drone!

Yeah I know I shoulda done. Still up for it next weekend or something? Now I can compare the two!

• Like 1

Yeah I know I shoulda done. Still up for it next weekend or something? Now I can compare the two!

Always up for a meet mate! Let me know when you're available and I'll see what I can do :teeth:

The sound is growing on me, took my Mum out for a drive and she even said its not too bad. I just need some time to get used to it I think

I don't think the cobra non res is all that bad at all. i found it quite civilised driving through town and a light foot on the motorway @ 70 was just fine for me.

The Cobra Non-Res is definitely known for a good bit of drone. I would recommend sticking with it for a few months to see if it improves, though. My Ark Grip droned lots when I first got it, but after a few months of it coking up with dirt it certainly deadened that quite a bit. Not just my subjective opinion either - people who had been in the car when I first got the exhaust, and then months later, though I'd changed something.

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to stock from a resonated Cobra because the drone was horrendous at motorway speeds and climbing hills, noticed an increase in mid-range power when I went back to stock aswell, probably due to the correct back pressure ! Quite noticeable.

I loved the Cobra for few times I nail the car but otherwise it was horrible to live with daily.

• 5 months later...

I've just purchased a Cobra Resonated from Cougarstore which I'm fitting next weekend. Replacing a Japspeed K1 so I expect it to be considerably quieter :)

Il let you know what i think of it once it's on.

• Like 1

I love the cobra resonated boxes, obviously if money wasn't an option there are ones I'd upgrade to but for the money it's good. The only thing that does get to me a bit is the drone at around 3k rpm i think it is. Would dynamat change anything? The only way i found to beat the drone is to stay above 3k ;)

Not really, I've dyamated the whole rear up to the strut brace and laid down 2 layers of sound deadening underlay and it hardly made any difference. I did a non scientific test using a DB meter app on my iphone and cruise control at 65 mph round a loop of the a motorway. The DB was reduced from a max of 53 DB to max of 49 DB but the average DB was the same

Edited by Randy_Baton