Potential Purchase

m4nn13

Not going to be cheap to have thst rust fixed and the wrap exactly matched.

Wrap also fades with uv exposure so even if you find a match it could look different.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You have to ask what else that wrap is hiding too ? could be horrific under that.

Ok so just got back from seeing/test driving the car. It looks great the colour is insanely nice!

There are a couple of small stone dinks and hairline scratches on the skin but nothing too bad. The bubbling issue is much smaller and less noticeable in person but still something I need to bear in mind. The brakes aren't brembo they're standard stock but do the job. Engine is immaculate and purrs beautifully. Did a cold start and work straight away. Exhaust looks clean and rust free and from what I can see around the rest of the car there doesn't appear to be any rust issues. Interior is ok a couple of worn areas but nothing too bad. It is defo an import as the indicators on the right stick and the fuEl "reminder" is in kmh but everything else is mph.

Needs possibly 1 new disk, advisorys on bushes and It doesn't look like it's had "the major service" but had plenty of paperwork to back up all services and repairs that have been done.

Car itself is really quick. He said that the jap versions have no limiters so it just keeps going and it sure felt like it! All in all I am impressed. I see that it will need some care in parts but for a 13 year old import with less than 40k on the clock I think it's a good car! Oh and the reason so.many owners in Japan was because it was sold from father to son to brother in quick succession in the family.

Gonna have a look at one or two kore round here and maybe one other discussed previously if I can get down before xmas so will see what happens! ðŸ˜

Ok so just got back from seeing/test driving the car. It looks great the colour is insanely nice!

There are a couple of small stone dinks and hairline scratches on the skin but nothing too bad. The bubbling issue is much smaller and less noticeable in person but still something I need to bear in mind. The brakes aren't brembo they're standard stock but do the job. Engine is immaculate and purrs beautifully. Did a cold start and work straight away. Exhaust looks clean and rust free and from what I can see around the rest of the car there doesn't appear to be any rust issues. Interior is ok a couple of worn areas but nothing too bad. It is defo an import as the indicators on the right stick and the fuEl "reminder" is in kmh but everything else is mph.

Needs possibly 1 new disk, advisorys on bushes and It doesn't look like it's had "the major service" but had plenty of paperwork to back up all services and repairs that have been done.

Car itself is really quick. He said that the jap versions have no limiters so it just keeps going and it sure felt like it! All in all I am impressed. I see that it will need some care in parts but for a 13 year old import with less than 40k on the clock I think it's a good car! Oh and the reason so.many owners in Japan was because it was sold from father to son to brother in quick succession in the family.

Gonna have a look at one or two kore round here and maybe one other discussed previously if I can get down before xmas so will see what happens! ðŸ˜

For your budget I believe you can get a better Z - shop around a little more - Perhaps go see some members Z to give you an idea of what I reality a 6k plus Z could deliver - I compromised on my first z and it cost me dearly - my humble advise is either increase budget and buy later year Z or shop around and accept no rust/ compromise ðŸ™

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well done for going and looking and then walking away to mull it over. Have to say looking at this one (wrapped with who knows what underneath/rust/half a GT pack) vs Rich's car, Rich's car is such better value - for the extra 750 quid you get much improved braking, wheels worth around £1k more than the wheels on the other one, bushes done, lowered uprated springs, body upgrades, AEM induction (not cheap) plus the head unit upgrade - getting tonnes more stuff for your money. Must be worth looking at before making a decision?

• Like 2

Probably been said before, don't buy on mileage buy on the condition. But again well done on walking away to think, the fun of the test drive can blind you from obvious flaws. Drive another to compare, then drive one that has been looked after by an enthusiast, I bet there is a big difference....

Good luck with the hunt :)

• Like 1

Lower mileage is exactly what it says on the tin, its less miles on the engine etc. But if someone has ragged it for 30k miles vs someone who has done all the servicing correctly and driven it properly with 60k miles, you are pretty sure that the 60k miles car will run better and for longer than the other.

That said, for some reason the UK market is a fickle one, for some reason we are obsessed with mileage (I lived in France for a while no one cared a jot about mileage) so lower mileage cars get a premium, even if they are dogs. 60k miles on a V6 GT car is nothing really, most of these will hit 100k and keep going (again the UK market seems to believe there is some hex that hits cars as soon as they hit 100k miles) - if you have no intention to sell this car soon, then go for condition, if you want to sell it on within a couple of years a low mileage car will help you sell in this market.

...looks like Rich's car is sold anyhow. Great car for the money there no surprise it went quickly.

Yea just spotted that on the other thread. It was a stunner so no suprise! Oh well, plenty more Zee in the sea!

Car itself is really quick. He said that the jap versions have no limiters so it just keeps going and it sure felt like it!

BS. :lol:

JDM (Fairlady Z33) cars are usually limited to 112mph approximately whereas the UK 350Z is limited to 155mph approx. Both top speed limiters can be removed with a remap (UpRev). ;)