370 GT Edition v Nismo

Alpinaman

Well documented, Mk1 Nismo is a totally different drive from the GT (I've had both). There are those who thought that it wasn't the fire breathing monster it should've been, however, it's a complete departure from the GT set up.

Couple of nice touches, internal and, being biased, externally the best looking 370 Zed thus far.

The drive is different due to the combination of the map and the suspension, wider wheelbase, stiffer suspension, different braces, look underneath a Nismo and it becomes apparent. There are those that will say that for a few hundred Quid, you could modify a stock GT to drive as well, they really are kidding themselves, trust me, I tried it with my GT.

Throttle response is noticeably better.

Whether it's worth £5k more? Well, it'll not depreciate as much, it'll stick out from the crowd, it'll be newer (may have factory warranty, 2012 won't).

Pick the right colour and, well, it might make your mind up.

Edited by The G Man
  • Like 1

The Mk1 Nismo became available just shortly after I got mine and at just £2k more, but, with the less than pretty body kit, cloth seats, a disappointingly extra 16bhp and with harder suspension for our crappy, bumpy. pot holed roads, I would have probably still chosen the GT Edition given the choice.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm one of the few people on this forum who've owned the Nismo and non Nismo variants of the 370. There's very little difference in ride quality and the handling of the Nismo is on another level. I wonder if your bad experience was caused by the shipping spacers being left in the front springs of the Nismo. It's quite a common issue and seriously affects ride quality.

• Like 1

Had the choice of buying all three. Standard 370 looks gash, Nismo MkI is the business, the alloys are worth the £5k difference alone. Just wish it came with the MkII Recaros even if people say they're less comfy on long journeys. Looks wise the MkII just looks confused to me with its nondescript alloys, stumpy wing and massive fat arse. Also dislike the fact the MkII has active sound enhancement :-/

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1