Retrofit Synchrorev match

josh2005

Bit of a random one!

I have a non-gt spec 370z which doesn't have the synchrorev match feature, in the past it's not really been something I've wanted but i've gradually grown tempted to want it and I didn't know what would be required for it to work!

I know the obvious choice is swap the car in for one with it but I've now fitted bits to the car and it'd be a pain to swap things over!

I have it on mine probably turned it on twice since I've had the car, is just me that thinks it's a waste of time

Wait till you get the ARK installed Sarg. You won't ever turn it off. Having driven a stock 370z the rev matching was a waste of time as you couldnt hear it (or feel it, the change was so smooth). Post exhaust it is fabulous :D

• Like 3

I have it on mine probably turned it on twice since I've had the car, is just me that thinks it's a waste of time

Wait till you get the ARK installed Sarg. You won't ever turn it off. Having driven a stock 370z the rev matching was a waste of time as you couldnt hear it (or feel it, the change was so smooth). Post exhaust it is fabulous :D

I've got the ark fitted now mate which sounds bloody awesome so I will try the Rev match now with it

• Like 1

pop the gearlever surround up and have a look if there is wiring there . On the autos you can retro fit the paddles as everything else is there so i wouldnt be surprised

Edited by Richf

pop the gearlever surround up and have a look if there is wiring there . On the autos you can retro fit the paddles as everything else is there so i wouldnt be surprised

Interesting, how easy is it to lift up the gear surround?

Also I have a Tanabe Medallion exhaust so would hope it would sound good if ever fitted!

Edited by josh2005

All the fancy footwork for changing manual gears is becoming a thing of the past given firstly the advances in gearbox technology and now that auto box technology is now so efficient what with Ferrari having announced they are not making manual boxes any more and , er...... AMG have made left legs redundant for some time with no manual offerings :surrender::blush::lol:

At least with Nissan adopting the synchro rev for the 370 it at least gave us lesser mortals using the manual box option, and whose pedal footwork was not always spot on when it came to heel and toeing, the credibility to those who we passed that we had our gear changes spot on and by God it sounded good in the car enough for me that it was never turned off when I had the 370 :D

• Like 1

At least with Nissan adopting the synchro rev for the 370 it at least gave us lesser mortals using the manual box option, and whose pedal footwork was not always spot on when it came to heel and toeing, the credibility to those who we passed that we had our gear changes spot on and by God it sounded good in the car enough for me that it was never turned off when I had the 370 :D

And there I was thinking that you were the Michael Schumacher of 350Z-uk!

And there I was thinking that you were the Michael Schumacher of 350Z-uk!

That comment has the hallmarks of Boris and the Titanic - are you his advisor :lol:

Interesting, how easy is it to lift up the gear surround?

Also I have a Tanabe Medallion exhaust so would hope it would sound good if ever fitted!

Very easy just get your fingers under it