Do I need any codes when changing battery

Rob350

I need to change my battery, iv been jump starting the last few mornings due to the cold, I was wondering if Ill need any codes for the imbobiliser or if I'll need to recode my key or anything when I disconnect the battery?

Also iv got a spare "motorparts" battery from Halford in my garage that I used to use for my track car, I'm thinking of putting in until I get a bosch s4 at the weekend it's says on the battery "58ah 520a sae" would this be OK

thanks for any help or advice guys

I have just replaced my old battery with a bosch S4 60ah battery. Euro car parts had that or a heavier duty 75ah that was a little bigger but i have never had an issue with bosch S4 in 2 other cars so stuck with what i know.

Going by the ah you should be ok with your battery as long as its not coming to the end of its life. Just try it and see

Cheers guys all swapped over, no more jump starting every morning lol, i hooked another battery up to the leads whilst changing so I didn't actually loose any power, only because I got the car with a clarion Bluetooth CD player and no instructions or booklet and diddnt no if I'd needa radio code for it,

I went for a yuassa battery for £60 from BBC super factors, I wanted a bosch s4 and found 1 one on the net for £65 delivered from Euro car parts, so I rung them up to see if they had any in the shop so I could pick it up on that day and they said yea we have them in stock.... £130 :thumbdown: at least that was including vat lol