Dyno results

secretstar07979

So I had the code read today. The fault was the Oxygen Sensor behind the Cat Converter. The guy at the garage was somewhat unhelpful when I asked what causes this by saying "people shouldn't mess with their cars" (mine has an aftermarket ISIS single exhaust.

He's knocked the fault off now so the engine light has gone off but he say's it may reappear.

So if it does come back on how do I go about fixing this? My car has sport cats.

OK, What are they and what do they do? Do you know how much are they fitted? I have the car in for a full service a week on Wednesday. I could have them installed then.

PM ZMANALEX,

May have some good used or even brand new ones.

• Like 1

^ yeah back to Nissan OE cats............

I would as first action buy some O2 spacers for the sensors

Ahhh, but there's no guarantee the spacers will work. They didn't for me or for many others. i think you'd have to have the name Mr. Jammy Mclucky balls if it does work.

As ZeeZeebaba says, Uprev remap can turn off the CEL permanently, usually the CEL comes on when fitting Decats without spacers as the higher flow of exhaust gas tricks the O2 sensors into thinking that its failed thus causing the CEL to light up. The pedal dance may get rid of this, as it resets the ECU, some owners are lucky and it never returns, other owners suffer the CEL coming on regularly.