Mesh for Vents

martybhoy

Hi guys, I have my car booked in next month to have the vented front fenders fitted and sprayed.

The fenders came without any sort of mesh/grill inserts. Have any of you bought some that you'd recommend?

I see plenty on eBay but I don't want to purchase some and then the first stone etc hits the mesh n bursts it. I'd rather get a thicker more durable product.

Plenty of different mesh types to choose from on "Car Builder Solutions" website. I've bought plenty from them in the past.

Link: http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/filterSearch?adv=true&cid=0&q=mesh&sid=true&isc=true#/pageSize=8&viewMode=grid&orderBy=0

Also found this company with a quick Google search: http://www.meshgrilles.org/meshgrill/stainless-steel-mesh-grill.html

• 1 month later...

Just a word of caution,I had the task of sorting an overheating problem with a replica classic a few years back.Guy was tearing his hair out,changing everything he could to no avail.I looked at his rad grill mesh and told him that was more than likely the cause of the cars problem.

Ordered a suitably sized quarter inch hexagonal holed stainless from RS components near Rockingham.Cut and fitted it = no overheating,ever!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I bought a cheap sheet of mesh from ebay when I made a custom bumper for the VR4. Cost around £10 for a sheet big enough to mesh the entire front of the bumper and the fog light gaps with plenty to spare. This was about 5 years ago and the car saw all sorts of speeds and terrain, plenty of stones etc and not once did I have a drama. Paint not even chipped let alone mesh damaged.

Unless your buying uber thin chicken wire I think you will be fine.

This was my 1st attempt, not 100% happy,but have made a nice template if I find another material,it was a Halfords mesh and black hamerite spray.3 hidden cable ties and 2 self tapping screws in each bottom corner,and if you zoom in a Z in the centre same colour as car