MPG

Jetpilot

Whenever i have a car for sale, i without fail get a couple of, what mpg does it do.....does anyone else get this? Surprises me to think anyone doesnt know what sort of mpg a car they are looking to buy does, if its a priority to them, or am i just being impatient :)

It's something I do ask a seller tbh.

Main reason I do this, is that following getting the official (BS) figures from online, and then some real world figures from WhatCar or whatever, I ask the seller as it can give me some indication of his driving style and as to whether he thrashes regularly.

For example - my VXR8 could comfortably average 22mpg when used as a steady daily over a week. But if I decided to go everywhere with my foot down it used to drop to 10-14mpg over a week.

Pointless question to ask a seller imho.

Reason being that even if as Lexx mentions above you're trying to gauge how the owner drives the car he could just lie to you anyway whilst hoping to make a sale. Everyone tells white lies occasionally and I'm sure a lot of sellers, if not most, wouldn't think twice about telling a buyer the car does more MPG then it actually does. ;)

You're not selling the S/ C VX are you JP?

• Like 1

No, my daily a Mazda Bongo camper, if anyone asked about mpg on the VX i think i would just reply, LOL :)

Going to try and get into an Elgrand with the vq engine and then perhaps persuade Uncle Keyser to supercharge it :scare:

No, remember the rules of selling JP, if anyone asks about MPG on the VX you tell them 40-60MPG even at full WOT. ;):lol:

That's good then. Seen someone else on here with the Elgrand camper and they're not bad vehicles by all accounts. :)