If only I could make my mind up.

Bandit

Would love an E60 M5, Prices now within reach though I think I'd be too paranoid to own one

I would love one as well Tom especially that V10 howl £13k will buy you this one. A beauty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-BMW-M5-WHITE-FULL-SERVICE-HISTORY-ALPINE-WHITE-E60-S85-V10-PRISTINE-ORGINAL-/162201847558?hash=item25c3fbc706:g:kTYAAOSwCGVX2Irp

lol, I think you've moved slightly beyond the realm of possibility there...

I seriously considered an V10 engined M6 as my next car, but head ruled over heart and I realised that running an M6 as a daily doing 12,000 miles a year at an optimistic 20mpg was a ridiculous idea. At best its a second car, though more likely a third car doing max 5000 miles a year, preferably during a European roadtrip.

• Like 1

Anybody got any thoughts on a 7 or a Caterham, I know its not very practical for Winter but I don't mind getting a shed for running around in the snow and slush, Caterham or 7 would also be great for a track day car. :surrender:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK-INDY-KIT-CAR-Caterham-7-Zetec-Engine-REDUCED-/252579553586?hash=item3aceea2132:g:5WkAAOSw0fhXi~RP

If I ever felt the need to grow up a bit more, I'd be going back to an e92 335i (had one, got stolen :(). Unless you take it down the track, it's every bit as handy as an M3 with just a few bolt ons, but much cheaper insurance, much less '****er' factor.

I've driven a 3 litre SLK, my mum had one a couple of years back, nothing special to drive, but sure, if you want a Mercedes, it fits the bill.

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

If I ever felt the need to grow up a bit more, I'd be going back to an e92 335i (had one, got stolen :(). Unless you take it down the track, it's every bit as handy as an M3 with just a few bolt ons, but much cheaper insurance, much less '****er' factor.

I've driven a 3 litre SLK, my mum had one a couple of years back, nothing special to drive, but sure, if you want a Mercedes, it fits the bill.

What about a Caterham of a 7 Aashenfox ?.

I was looking at a Caterham at the second hand car showroom where I saw the first Z that interested me. I've never driven one or anything like it, but what surprised me was how big they are in reality (they always look so dinky on the track). I would love one one day, but to be honest, if I had that kind of money, I'd be looking for a nice TVR. :)

I've been through a LOT of cars, but I haven't been through every post in this thread, I scanned the first half of the first page then posted (shame on me), so if I missed that you already stated what your basic criteria are for your next car, my apologies. Tell me what they are and I'll try to come up with some interesting ideas. :)

• Like 1

yeah i'd agree, a lot of the cars bandied about have been quite different - I mean, a caterham is pretty much the polar opposite of an M5, for example.

what are your requirements for a car, really? 2 or 4 seats? hardtop/softtop? practicality? economy? servicing costs? driving involvement?

best of all worlds are all pretty much up here already, 350z, SLK, Z4, etc. if practicality and comfort aren't a concern then go lightweight, conversely if economy and servicing costs aren't a concern, go heavyweight :D

• 2 weeks later...

Because look at it! I'd rather walk than be seen driving that.

Wait a minute though, :dry: ...if you think that and we all know you are partial to "ugly" cars does that mean that 300ZX is actually good looking?! :surrender:

I'm so confused! :blink::lol:

Seriously though I'm with Dan on that. ;)

Not a very well done car imo even with that impressive horse power number.

• Like 2