New from West yorkshire

Helloooooo!

Just a quick message to say I'm new to the forum. From West Yorkshire (actually Bradford but prefer to pretend I'm not).

I drive a 2004 zed, lowered, nismo kit, few bits and pieces changed but nothing too fancy.

I've had the car about 9months, and bought it after selling my tuned civic type r running nitrous. To be honest the zed can't compete with the civic for power as it is, but it is 10 times the car in terms of quality, looks and fun to drive.

Anyways enough of all that, look forward to speaking with people soon.

Jordon

Thanks guys. Purchasing the zed I ended up with turned out to not be the smartest move for me.. It quickly drained up to 2k getting it up to scratch. Worth every penny though as I know it's the best it can be now (apart from a few things coming up in the pipeline)

Hi & welcome! My dilemma was between the S2k & the Z.. Common sense told me the Z, I didn't want to drive everywhere at 8000rpm doing 40mph to overtake someone because 'VTEC yo' :lol: .

I spend a bit of time in Leeds & pass through Bratford to get there, always on the lookout!

From West Yorkshire (actually Bradford but prefer to pretend I'm not).

I know where you're coming from there. Especially at insurance time - the BD postcode is a nightmare (I'm in that boat too).

Welcome along.

Hi,

If either of you ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help out.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi & welcome! My dilemma was between the S2k & the Z.. Common sense told me the Z, I didn't want to drive everywhere at 8000rpm doing 40mph to overtake someone because 'VTEC yo' :lol: .

I spend a bit of time in Leeds & pass through Bratford to get there, always on the lookout!

As I said on a different post about the s2k, real men want there engine to roar, not scream haha. For me I do like the s2000 but it's just a little too small for me compared to the z.

Edited by Jords

Hi,

If either of you ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help out.

Regards,

Dan.

I was with you guys for half a dozen years but this year you wanted a big increase in my premium out of the blue. No claims, no tickets, no reason to go up. About £150 I think it was.

Your firm said I should try to get a better quote from someone else and then ring you back - you'd consider matching it then. I did, you couldn't match it.

To be fair, the year before the renewal with you was cheaper than previously so I just renewed without shopping around. Just seems really random.

I wouldn't get too disheartened by that mate. Some companies broker policies from other companies, and have guidelines to follow on prices. That will be why they asked you to try get a better quote elsewhere and then come back to them.

It's likely that they need proof they were matching someone else's prices so they don't get audited and pulled up on a cheap price they gave. Sometimes they just aren't allowed to go that low on a price.

Also, it goes on loads of factors, not just your car. It goes on the value of the car you could potentially hit, and new cars are just getting much more expensive.