Flickering headlights

zippypooz

Hi all, can anyone shed any 'light' on this problem...both my headlights turn on fine but after 5-15 mins they start flickering...very slightly and very fast...like theres a loose connection somewhere. Its not bump or vibration related, nor one or the other but both...although not as the same time. One actually went out so had to drive with the full beam on...i pulled over, turned the lights off and on again and it also came on. Does it eveytime whether rainy or dry.

Havnt a clue what could be wrong. HELP!!!

Edited by zippypooz

hope you get to find out what it is mate.

i had this problem with my Toyota celica and posted on the celica forum at the time but never found out what it was .

very annoying so can sympathise with you .

• Like 1

hope you get to find out what it is mate.

i had this problem with my Toyota celica and posted on the celica forum at the time but never found out what it was .

very annoying so can sympathise with you .

Yeah it is!! Dont really want to drive at night just in case they all go out!!

mmm my biggest worry was people would keep thinking im flashing my lights ..when driving behind other cars I could see clearly the lights flickering in their rear bumpers etc ..

someone on CCUK sudgested it was my earth strap from battery..he seamed pretty certain but I sold it and bought the zed ..might be worth checking earthing problems

• Like 1

Could be voltage related https://www.google.c...0k1.pQL1iqedQ3U

I'm sure I recall another member some while back having this issue and it turned out to be the battery, so if yours is getting on years might be worth having that tested, or do a swap before handing over your hard- earned.

The battery is pretty new Colin. Annoying problem eh!!