Z keyring

linkster

the long thin ones are very rare now. Came with the new car.

Round ones are ok but I found it chipped and it was heavy and in the end I was covering the chips up in the black areas with permanent pen. It broke in the end. Now got a nismo one and the Rectangular type Z keyring is on the spare key for best :teeth:

One of the round key rings arrived 'free' from Nissan about 6 weeks after I bought the car :) But as Mike says, it chips too easily :dry: .

Might be me being security paranoid and no offence Tim, but I don't use it with the car key and use it with other keys that I keep separate. No need to help a potential thief identify and nick your car if you do lose the key or have it pick-pocketed. :dry:

Might be me being security paranoid and no offence Tim, but I don't use it with the car key and use it with other keys that I keep separate. No need to help a potential thief identify and nick your car if you do lose the key or have it pick-pocketed. :dry:

never thought of that :surrender:

+1 I keep the rubbishy plastic one the dealer gave me so it looks like a Micra key! ;)

With my first Z the dealer sent me this thing

thing.jpg

With my second I got a plastic thing that had the dealers name on it so I replaced it with this

plastic.jpg

Now I have an LED torch that I, like a child, foolishly looked straight into when I was given it

torch.jpg

You know what would be cool, if we could change the housing of the actual key, it it beyond fugly. a nice carbon one... how comes the previous Z had better looking key housing, like the 300zx :dry:

http://www.tbc4u.de/Nissan/zx_key2.jpg

B)

looked at doing somethign similar with the RX8

As later models had a flick key. where as the earlier ones had a normal key and crap fob.

but because the key has the imobiliser in it, we were looking at circa £150 for the key and reprogramming. Though it was ebatable whether it could actually be done.

So I dont think anyone in the OC bothered in the end.

You know what would be cool, if we could change the housing of the actual key, it it beyond fugly. a nice carbon one... how comes the previous Z had better looking key housing, like the 300zx :dry:

http://www.tbc4u.de/Nissan/zx_key2.jpg

B)

looked at doing somethign similar with the RX8

As later models had a flick key. where as the earlier ones had a normal key and crap fob.

but because the key has the imobiliser in it, we were looking at circa £150 for the key and reprogramming. Though it was ebatable whether it could actually be done.

So I dont think anyone in the OC bothered in the end.

A flip key for the Z is doable. There are a few guys on my350 that have done it.