CF damage

martinmac

Continuing my bad car weekend I decided to fit my new Carbon Fibre bonnet yesterday. Removed the old one and took the new one out of the box :scare:

The courier has obviously not bothered to store it flat and has damaged the corner.

Have searched on google and it seems its very difficult to repair. Any ideas guys, preferably local to me :surrender:

Thats what I thought. Just checking before I do anything else. Will post a picture in a minute.

Yeh definatly get in touch with courier, good thing is its not like a missing wheel that you signed for, it came in a box, you cant expect to check everything in the box on delivery. get in touch with Adam to see what cover he got on the item too :thumbs:

• 2 months later...
Just to say that the seller did a great job of packaging and protecting it so its in no way their fault. Will go down the claim route and then have a drive over to the North East :)

I know this is a bit late now but if it was really packaged as well as you said it was Martin, it must have happened before it was posted to you.

Martin I have a fair amount of CF on my 7 (dash, front and rear wings, door guards and headlamps even the nose cone before silverstone happened) and when damaged it just just get worse over time. Vibration tends to extend the small cracks that form with impact damage.