Nissan Silvia S13/S14

Exec

Iv been looking at Nissan S13/S14 for sale on eBay and auto trader etc.

Most look like they've been abused for 15+ years and have bumpers hanging off and interior ripped out, roll cages etc. There are still some nice unmodified examples out there.

What are people's thoughts or experiences? They are praised as one of the best tunable engines.

S13 is really getting on these days and will undoubtedly suffer a fair bit of corrosion, as for tuneable...well they are to a degree, the CA18DET will take around 250bhp with bigger turbo etc in std form, if in good condition, otherwise you need to fully forge the engine and they can handle over 400BHP.

The S14 also getting long in the tooth, has a better and more tuneable engine SR20DET which can take 350 to 400BHP in std condition with the right mods, both suffer lousy traction, especially off the line, and even with extensive suspension mods are not great, probably why they are a favorite drift toy in Japan.

The S15 is basically the same car with a different body, so uses the same chassis, suspension and engine.

As said great cars but have largely fallen into the hands of those who can afford to buy but not afford to run

A good s14 is best part of £8k now , i only saw one decent S14 while I worked at H-Dev the majority I wouldn't have touched with a barge pole

S15's look ok but arent worth the premium over the 14 imo

S13's are largely past it unless they have had ££££'s spent on them

Another vouch for SXOC. It really is a great club. Lots of useful info there.

I had an s14a myself for about two years - 00 with low mileage. It's a lot of car for the money & loads of fun. You can certainly still find unabused examples but will probably have to pay a premium!