Alternative front splitter *Cupra R

davey_83

Saw another 350z with this and having done the same previously to one of my own cars, i thought id give it another go.

Cut out small 15mm triangles in the splitter along the hidden top and bottom sections, this will allow the plastic to bend later - i cut out way more than i needed too. Cut off the two centre tabs almost flush, as these aren't needed.

Remove the OEM front plastic splitter if you have this, x6 10mm and clips hold this in place.

Offer up your new item as close to centre as possible and screw in a single self tapper (dead centre) just to hold the splitter in place. Work from centre to the edge of the bumper using screws every 20cm or so until you reach the end, then cut off the excess *should be cicra 12cm each side.

You can position the new front splitter as far in or out as you want, so the final look is completely tailored. lower the car stand back and take a picture, you're done and only took 30mins.

Pictures:

IMG_20160723_174717820_zpsrk4p7ynb.jpg

IMG_20160723_175728159_zpsjuhicm0q.jpg

Before

IMG_20151031_123946_edit1_edit_zpsjlkmlnfw.jpg

After

IMG_20160724_092450_zpsap2m10eo.jpg

IMG_20160724_094207_zpsbsxpnh9j.jpg

Clearance so far 3 months later is absolute fine with these wheels/tyres and Tein lowering springs.

Tools & bits needed:

Trolley jack

x2 axle stands

10mm socket & ratchet

Flat head screwdriver

Phillips screwdriver

Retractable blade

Seat Leon Cupra R front splitter £38+vat from main dealer

15 or so self tappers

Difficult level 1/5

The above is what i did myself and would only suggest the above be treated a guide.

Cheers

David

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Looks great and somewhat cheep enough to not be worried about scratching and have to replace from time to time, 

How did it hold up though time for you?

Edited by Dj1

Absolutely fine, it's an OE part so is made to last. Few scraps on the underside, but of course nothing visual from a walk round. Just adds that touch extra, while not looking aftermarket.

1390468034_IMG_20190413_135809124_HDR2.jpg.36bd959657ab68842ecb006037f89ed0.jpg

• Like 3