viezu remap vs uprev remap

wilo

I say go for it, do some local checks on the rolling road outfit more so than the mapping software to gauge their feedback.

Along with the service and plenum spacer, while thats all going ahead take out the MAF and give that a good clean. By the time the other work has been done, it will be fully dried out ready to re fit. Check and adjust tyre pressures correctly too.

Edited by davey_83

i was surprised to find out that all the mods i had done to my Zed prior to it being mapped, gave me an extra 4 bhp over what it says it is on paper (276)

O.k, i concede that 4 bhp is nothing to get the DJ and beers out for but, it shows it can make a difference and that it's not just placebo.

Just going to put this out there ~ You can only really say that though if you had the car put on the dyno & tested firstly in standard form, ....then proceed to fit the aftermarket parts and re-test the power of the car on the dyno under the same conditions as before (E.g: same ambient temperatures, same day, same tyre pressures etc etc).

Also a car manufacturer may say on paper that their car has 276Bhp as new from the factory but the truth could be it's got more power as standard (used to be fairly common with Japanese cars from the 90's) or even less power.

Plus each dyno make will give different readouts as well as the same dyno make giving different readouts for the same car on different days. Again coming down to so many different variables.

Oh and just to put this in the mix as well, tests have shown that a car running on new engine oil as appose to 12 months or older engine oil will show an increase in Bhp. :teeth:;)

• Like 1

i was surprised to find out that all the mods i had done to my Zed prior to it being mapped, gave me an extra 4 bhp over what it says it is on paper (276)

O.k, i concede that 4 bhp is nothing to get the DJ and beers out for but, it shows it can make a difference and that it's not just placebo.

Just going to put this out there ~ You can only really say that though if you had the car put on the dyno & tested firstly in standard form, ....then proceed to fit the aftermarket parts and re-test the power of the car on the dyno under the same conditions as before (E.g: same ambient temperatures, same day, same tyre pressures etc etc).

Also a car manufacturer may say on paper that their car has 276Bhp as new from the factory but the truth could be it's got more power as standard (used to be fairly common with Japanese cars from the 90's) or even less power.

Plus each dyno make will give different readouts as well as the same dyno make giving different readouts for the same car on different days. Again coming down to so many different variables.

Oh and just to put this in the mix as well, tests have shown that a car running on new engine oil as appose to 12 months or older engine oil will show an increase in Bhp. :teeth:;)

Very true. That's why i had it on a dyno prior to any mods. It made 269 @ the fly. But as you say, not even that really proves anything as it wasn't the same dyno. I'm merely suggesting it may not be placebo. Or at least i think to think so. :teeth: It also had an oil change before the map, so maybe that's where the increase in BHP came from :lol: In some respect i hope it did as it will be the cheapest way i have ever gained more ponies. Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

what mods did you have before the remap

Velocity stacker, dry gel air filter, plenum spacer, Hfcs, new exhaust system. That's it.

thanks for all the advice guys .the car is booked in friday as i now have all the parts (cheers Adrian) but ill have to go to RS tuning for the remap as there the only place local ish that does uprev.

If you haven't already got one from Adrian, (D1 spec gt throttle controller) then do so, best plug and play mod ever. Really livens the throttle response up..... even after the uprev remap. Best £100ish pounds you'll spend. Whap it onto sport 10 and bingo :teeth::drive1

thanks for all the advice guys .the car is booked in friday as i now have all the parts (cheers Adrian) but ill have to go to RS tuning for the remap as there the only place local ish that does uprev.

If you haven't already got one from Adrian, (D1 spec gt throttle controller) then do so, best plug and play mod ever. Really livens the throttle response up..... even after the uprev remap. Best £100ish pounds you'll spend. Whap it onto sport 10 and bingo :teeth::drive1

mmmm will have to look into these. ..tbh iv had the plenum spacer fitted and havnt noticed a damn thing either in performance or sound so hope a remap helps

Your not going to feel anything with just a plenum spacer, you'll need a lot more than just that, have a look at my sig below to what I've done to my Zed, all that and all I got (from nissan bhp figure of 276) was 24 more ponies at just shy of 300bhp according to a rolling road dyno up in Aberdeen. Got the original wheel power figures from when Chris @ Dynatune remapped her but can't remember the exact whp reading, I'll go dig it out and come back to you.

Even at an additional 25 bhp say, your not really going to feel it much, remapping does make a difference to how the car drives and feels and adding the D1 TC helps too.

• Like 1

Your not going to feel anything with just a plenum spacer, you'll need a lot more than just that, have a look at my sig below to what I've done to my Zed, all that and all I got (from nissan bhp figure of 276) was 24 more ponies at just shy of 300bhp according to a rolling road dyno up in Aberdeen. Got the original wheel power figures from when Chris @ Dynatune remapped her but can't remember the exact whp reading, I'll go dig it out and come back to you.

Even at an additional 25 bhp say, your not really going to feel it much, remapping does make a difference to how the car drives and feels and adding the D1 TC helps too.

Is it worth getting the D1 TC after a re-map?

Ive not driven a map'd or D1 TC zed before, so dont flame me but i find the standard throttle response now with the uprated whiteline diff poly bush super quick. In the dry with TC off, i can spin the rears up in 1st, 2nd and a chirp in 3rd anyways so any more ‘response’ is only going to give me less traction at wide open throttle.

Plus when actually driving quickly you’re at wide open throttle, so there’s zero benefit with the controller then either......

Is it worth getting the D1 TC after a re-map?

In my opinion yes, there's no extra grunt with it but the throttle response is better even after the mapping

• Like 1

I send an email to my broker detailing what's been changed / added / modded and get a simple email back saying ok mods noted on the system, no increase in premium, gotta love my broker :teeth: . IIRC he's said in the past that as long as I don't boost it with forced induction they are happy to cover all my mods like for like should anything happen and only charges me £326.00 per annum for the privelege.

Edit: I do have history with them though, been with them for 15 years and never claimed, and I insure 5 vehicles with them so maybe getting loyalty and multi vehicles treatment. I ring round every year in early december to get quotes and nobody comes close to price or service from them. Performance Direct / Grove and Dean are the guys I use.

Edited by Irn Bru