P1283 after remap with Milltek and Berk HFC's

Fluke

As per title, my car (Its a 2003 DE UpRev) threw a P1283 after having the Berk HFC's fitted to my Milltek system. This was after having a remap at TDI North last week. If I swap my HFC's back to my factory standard cats and clear the code it doesn't return until I put the Berk HFC's back on, and will return after a few miles even after multiple resets.

My understanding is that the code is a lean shift on bank 2 sensor 1 and this is pre-cat. Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem?

Its the second time I have been back to them and it only seems to happen with the Berk's fitted. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Nope.

Ran Berks HFC's with an Invidia Gemini system on my old 03' Zed that Horsham Developments remapped (UpRev) and never had an issue.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Would a dodgy front sensor work with the factory fitted cats and not the Berks? Would a leak down stream of them throw up the code?

I replaced the both rear O2 sensors when the Berks were fitted as they were falling apart when they were taken out during the factory fitted cat removal.

The car runs fine and if I refit the factory cats and clear the code, it doesn't return. Would an air leak on the Berks HFC's cause a P1283 code?

Its possible for a downstream air leak to mess with the front sensor reading due to reversion, but only likely if the leak is at the junction of the manifold and the cat, as i said i don't have that code on my chart so was nor sure which sensor or rich/lean, but if its showing a lambda code for either then its obviously out of range.

The Berks seem to fit fine, and I cant detect anything blowing. I was wondering if a bad seal around the o2 sensor going into the HFC would cause an issue? I know that the thread on the HFC bung had to be chased when it was fitted.