Rattling exhaust heat shield

SeeNoWeevil

About 1500rpm I can hear a bit of a rattle from underneath when the windows are open and driving alongside a wall. Nissan said it was the heat-shield, which they adjusted but said it will need replacing if the noise comes back. which it did a few days later. Is replacement the best option? Car has stock cats and an Invidia system. What sort of price should I expect?

Thanks chaps

As Alex said which heat shield is it ? the one above the backbox or on the cats

The rear one corrodes around the studs that fix it to the floor below the boot just stuck some washers on above the nuts on mine been ok since :)

As Alex said which heat shield is it ? the one above the backbox or on the cats

The rear one corrodes around the studs that fix it to the floor below the boot just stuck some washers on above the nuts on mine been ok since :)

The ones on the cats (which in case anyone's interested, can't be purchased separately). The rear shield seems solid to me, no movement or obvious corrosion. Went back to Nissan this evening and took one of the mechanics out. He could hear the noise, which is something. Booked in again next week.

I'm not particularly hopeful. If anyone knows of anyone in Devon who knows the first thing about 350's I'd love to hear it.

Removing the heat shield didn't fix the noise. Picked the car up after a third attempt to fix the issue, this time they thought it was stones on sitting on the cross-member :dry: Needless to say, it didn't fix it. I wouldn't mind them telling me it's all in my head, but 2 different mechanics now have been out with me and confirmed they can hear it!! :angry: