Honda Civic Aerodeck, Possible Shed?

RyanT

I've just bought a very old cottage which means massive renovation work, which in turn means many many trips to the dump!

I'd also like to do some more work on the Z getting her perfect, but needing it back together for work each morning is putting a stop to that.

So I'm thinking I need an estate shed. Something that's so rubbish it'll make me appreciate the Z even more..

Local to me is a 1999 Civic Aerodeck, 1.6 auto, 128k, some history for £300... Can't go wrong surely?

I'm fairly handy mechanically, but if anything big goes wrong I'll just scrap it.

I have read that the autos can be problematic, but was wondering if any of you can offer some advice?

Picture for inspiration:

s-l1600.jpg

Cheers!

Bought my first brand new car a few months ago and can relate to driving a shed without giving a toss about it. Especially after a deer head butted my door on the motorway a month after buying it...

I quite enjoy threads about buying sheds. It's like the old top gear when they have a low budget to buy the best car they can find

I did well buying that GS for 780 a few years back. But 300 for jap reliability? Go for it

Just don't get ocd like I did and start detailing and modding it :lol:

Go for the VTi.

At least you'll love the engine then. 170 bhp vtec.

unfortunately there all mega expensive now as all the Honda boys bought them cheap and ripped them to bits for the engines and gearboxes so any clean ones command a premium now

ask yourself... does it drive currently? does it have an MOT? a few simple checks should let you know if its a good'un or not. but for 300 notes, who gives a monkeys! it'll be perfect for skip runs and the like. run the reg through the MOT history website to see what advisories it might have to look out for.

but yep shedding is so liberating... I've seriously wondered why I spent 8 grand on a beemer when you can get a perfectly serviceable high miler BMW with all the toys for a tenth of that price.