plenum thicknesses

wilo

nearly ready to buy a plenum for my 04 DE .

Looking about iv noticed some say 1/2 inch .others say 5/16 or 8/16 .

can someone please explain which i need and what the differences are ...tia

seen these .....3c993cca00a6d423264102cca15280be.jpg566332ab588a516e0440f98aa24ffafb.jpg

Edited by wilo

Most go with the 5/18, they all do the same job of increasing air flow/pulses to all cyclinders as the front two in standard form receive less due to design - good rated engine mod.

okay cheers Davey ill go for the 5/16 as i haven't seen a 5/18 one.

is the one on the pic iv posted a decent brand? and iv noticed that these are the basic packs ........there are similar more expensive kits of that brand that have extra stuff in and a metal type smaller/thinner gasket with large holes in it .ill see if i can find a pic

68291a324a7d50d367ead453366aaae4.jpg

Edited by wilo

You only need the spacer and screws. The second picture you post includes a gasket if you are removing and replacing the entire plenum.

Not really sure why you would do that when you only need to take the top half off, fit the spacer and replace the top.

I think some spacers have a thermal layer or are made of a thermal material that helps to stop heat-soak from the engine (the first one says this in the blurb). Possibly you get a separate thermal gasket for the plenum as a whole on the more expensive pack? That's a complete guess :) More likely its just stuff you don't need.

You get what you pay for. Contact a trader from the forum who will have a decent quality brand they can offer you, like Motordyne.

• Like 1

I've got a Motordyne in stock 5/16 £189

Anything bigger is a pain for putting strut brace on

Anything rubber like the Blox - I would avoid personally

PM me if you need any help

is that £189 delivered

I've got a Motordyne in stock 5/16 £189

Anything bigger is a pain for putting strut brace on

Anything rubber like the Blox - I would avoid personally

PM me if you need any help

is that £189 delivered

Yes buddy

Link below

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=dd876c45-6d4a-41df-bc25-7c19903fe703

okay so iv now found a supplier for the plenum ...so my next question is ....

if in attempt to fit the plenum my self , which instant gasket brand is recommended with the motordyne kit ? also whould i need to order any other bits to do the job ie throttle body gasket?

if in attempt to fit the plenum my self , which instant gasket brand is recommended with the motordyne kit ? also whould i need to order any other bits to do the job ie throttle body gasket?

You get instructions and all the fittings needed buddy, no need for anything else :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'm in the progress of making some of these. So really glad the thread came up!

How much do the gaskets cost for the intake?

Wow, that linked spacer is £253.18!

Edited by jnoz
  • Like 1

It's really easy wilo I did mine myself and if I can do it anyone can 😂

Sent from my iPhone using hammer and chisel!

• Like 1

Might want to invest in a torque wrench if your heavy handed, if you ain't got access to one ,it is very easy though took about a hour for me to do and I'm pretty useless round cars .

Google motordyne plenum instal should find a link for instructions can have a read before it comes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might want to invest in a torque wrench if your heavy handed, if you ain't got access to one ,it is very easy though took about a hour for me to do and I'm pretty useless round cars .

Google motordyne plenum instal should find a link for instructions can have a read before it comes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea im very heavy handed tbh..break out i touch and thx iv seen the video

Are you getting a remap done once fitted buddy for the extra gain? ;)

yea at some point ..should be ordering the plenum next week once iv sorted fitting with the garrage .

already got a full decat milltek system and ramair induction so remap will definitely be on the cards .

if i can make 300bhp ill be happy tbh

You get instructions and all the fittings needed buddy, no need for anything else :thumbs:

cheers will be ordering next week .

My skunk spacer arrived!

It turned up, and it's made from PLASTIC! Well gutted for the price. I'll be making alloy ones. Hope it goes okay! Need to find how I will gasket it.

Plenum gaskets cheap enough surely.

yes. there is. but im going to make my own spacer. but this one has a rubber seal integrated within the spacer, rather than being just a separate gasket

Edited by jnoz