Interior lighting - Specifically cup holders

Lexx

Ok, Ive done a search and cant find anything on this.

Ive just got the 31mm festoons in Blue for the main interior lights, and the boot.

My question is what is used in the door cup holders? and Im guessing Im right in saying the entire door trim would have to come off to change them?

I changed ALL the lights in my Rex, as it didnt look right with the white in a few places.

Cheers

Al

ummm they are orange lights same as rest of the dash.

The manual says they are bottle holders which explains why I cant get a cup into them.

I'd prefer to have the dash and dial lights in blue but the Japanese have some kind of fascination with orange.

Thats no much help on how I get at them and what I change them with! :lol:

True. :teeth:

I'll take a closer look later.

Do they light up when the door opens with the ignition off? Cant remember.

If so that would make adding a light behind the red door reflector which is something I think is missing from the car.

Cup holders? in the doors??? I shall have to investigate. Tomorrow though, cos it's cold and dark out there now!

MY07 has one in each door. Don't know about MY06. Pre 06 doesn't.

:thumbs: Yep, the MY06's were the first to have them - a whole lot better than that silly pull-out ring on the passenger's side on the earlier ZEDs.

Cup holders? in the doors??? I shall have to investigate. Tomorrow though, cos it's cold and dark out there now!

MY07 has one in each door. Don't know about MY06. Pre 06 doesn't.

:cry:

:lol:

You're not missing out. As a cup holder it's unusable. Imagine paper cup from petrol station. Doesn't really fit in the holder. Leans slightly forward and is positioned toward the front of the lower part of the door which means reaching right down to get at it.

They call it a bottle holder and the cup holder (singular) is behind the gear shift which isn't much better with the 10 to 15 speed ramps I have to go over every day.

Since i always have to carry a sugary drink in the car with me, it works perfect for those 500ml bottles of coke/sprite/Irn Bru etc etc.

Its too bloody windy here today to have a decent look at it.

i dont have a my07 car..so i cant comment on the holder lights...but from all the rest of the lighting assemblies in the Z.. i would guess that those interior lights can only be accessed from behind the door panel/trim. my rough guess would be...remove door card and sort it out from behind the card then fit back..be careful with the clips though...!!

bobby