Quick lunchtime job - crappy Cobra clamp removal

Jumzo

Stupid rusty Cobra brackets have been bugging me since I bought the car 6 months ago - finally got round to doing something about them today. New stainless mikalor 63-68mm clamps fitted - http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Took a quick half way snap for a comparison.

20160615_125009.jpg

Just need to get it all polished up with the autosol now, Job for tomorrows lunch break :)

Edited by Jumzo
  • Like 3

HUGE thanks for reminding me about this as well.

How many did you buy ? (note, I'm miles away from the car, so can't check)

I can see there is a need for 4 on the back part at that diameter. And maybe one larger one further down ?

Edited by RobPhoboS

Cheers. One of those little jobs I've been meaning to get round to for ages but only takes 10 minutes when you get down to it.

I really can't understand why Cobra don't supply a properly welded box though. Its the reason I didn't buy one of their systems for my previous Z and wouldn't have one now if it hadn't come on the car.

The very least they could do is supply it with discreet stainless brackets like these instead of the ugly cheap things they come actually come with.

• Like 1

I would guess that may the reason stated if questioned. In reality I imagine that cost and profit margins were much more of a consideration.

Just about gotten mine all polished up now although there are still some areas which will need some more work to remove some of the rust staining from where the crap brackets were clamped.