Tyre thread...

Randy_Baton

Good to know, I said I'd ring back to confirm. Strange thing was they said they couldn't get hold of MPS4 in the right size for the fronts. Are the sizes they've quoted correct?

225/45/18 MPS3 front £283

245/45/18 MPS4 rear £289

(prices included fitting)

Arghhh....

I thought MPSS were being replaced with the MPS4. I just checked tyre leader and they don't have MPSS for the front only the rears.

Just read back through some old threads and found the explanation http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/What-is-happening-to-the-Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport.htm

Also found the 10% off Asda tyres still works (enter 140 then 7 random digits). £545 from MPSS with fitting and balance. Seems decent enough

I had this discussion with myself last week (sign of madness I know) and reading the various articles, Michelin seem to say that next year there will be a replacement for mpss. I took that to mean that the 4s are not a replacement, even if they may be very good

And £545 is an excellent price! Wish I'd found that a week ago!

MPS4's are a direct replacement for the MPS2's, the MPS3's were a moment of madness from Michelin and should be forgotten about lol

The MPSS is still the top performance tyre that Michelin sell.

• Like 1

MPS4's are a direct replacement for the MPS2's, the MPS3's were a moment of madness from Michelin and should be forgotten about lol

The MPSS is still the top performance tyre that Michelin sell.

or the MPSC2's......

http://www.michelin....lot-sport-cup-2

Was thinking the same and surprised a serial pedant like Dan didn't pick up on that! :p