Looking to buy a 350Z cab next week....

Hello,

Great forum you have here! I have read some of the buying guides and feel suitably equipped to buy a good car.

I just though I would introduce myself and ask if anyone has bought a ZED from powerplay-uk before?

I am booked in to view the car at 11 on Tuesday. And any prior warning about the dealer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Derry

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice.

I believe the car has had the roof replaced as it was vandalised.

Although I will double check. My uncle has the same spec but 05 so few years older. His roof is now ripped in the lower seam near doors, so assume that's where you mean?

Besides checking the roof seams, check the metal support which is above the drivers head. On my roadster due to the force of the roof pulling back to open, it was pealing the metal away from the support beam. The dealer ended up riveting it back on.

You also say its a few years newer than an 05 plate, so im guessing probably an 07/08 in which case the car may well be an HR model, although it could still be a late registered older model. To check, the car should have a big bonnet bulge, and when you open the bonnet the engine has 2 air intakes - one each side. Also, at that age, the car should have probably had its spark plugs changed, so see if the service history mentions anything about that. Finally, if it is an HR model, check the condition of the aux drive belt at the front of the engine. Mine used to shred itself every 20k for some unknown reason (Nissan had no idea why but said it wasnt normal).

Cracking cars though, I loved my roadster, was great fun. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Well after the car i picked out in may didn't live up to expectation, I have finally put a deposit down on an import 350Z roadster in pearl white, I collect it on Sunday.

I choose to wait till summer was nearly over for cheaper car and also a car that has a few issues, so I can tinker with it and sort the issues myself.

I will post some pictures after I have collected the car.

Thanks for all the help so far and I look forward to coming to some shows in the future!

Regards

Derry