2015 Nismo Residuals/Depreciation Forecast?

hmale4yu

HI there new to the forum and potential new 370z owner - just deciding which one to buy. I have a few in mind

1st Choice

Wait until mid 2017 and get the new facelifted 2014/15 Nismo. Despite them being released at 38k and are now 29ish I feel that they will drop further. As per title, can you guys give me your thoughts on this? I just think that if one's after this model it might be better to wait a while. I know the intial drop has already kicked in but I feel that the new Nismo is still too high for potential new 370z owners - who would go for a base model and then tune up/customise to their tastes. Current Nismo prices are on par/higher than German alternatives so im predicting a further drop in price early 20s by nxt yr?

2nd Choice

Buy this year a standard 370z which meets my personal criteria (white, low mileage etc). Prices are starting to bottom out I think

3rd Choice

White 2012/3 Roadster with low ish miles. Put 3rd choice as finding one is hard plus with the impracticalities of maintaining a fabric rag top

Welcome to the forum.

If value for money is your main concern, buy a standard car and modify it. If you prefer the look of the mk2 Nismo buy some glasses ;) Seriously though, the Nismos will drop further in price, but I don't personally think they will drop substantially for a few years.

The two main plus points of the Nismo are its handling, which is significantly better than the standard car, and the way it looks.

But it all really boils down to whether you must have the Nismo. If not, there are plenty of examples on this forum of people who have modded standard 370s to change handling, power and looks and who are happy with the results.

And remember that if you buy the Nismo, you'll still be needing a new exhaust. Sound wise, it's not much better than the one on the standard car.

Edited by sipar69

I think you need to decide what type of car you want rather than look at it from the residual perspective.

If you really want either a Nismo or modded GT, then don't consider the Roadster, it's a very different beast. Alternatively if you fancy a Roadster as many of us do it's a cracking car, but you must want a Roadster. Not found any impracticalities is maintaining a fabric rag top myself ;)

Edited by 370ZRDevon

Yes they will continue to depreciate,however they seem to be advertised at higher prices than depreciation estimates woud suggest.I have been looking for a 370 since last July and had a couple of near misses,but still in my old Honda :) .Some cars have been for sale for ages even low milers so perhaps deals can be made,it all seems colour dependant.Once i get a 370 will keep it a couple of years then get a mark 2 Nismo.

Thanks for the advice lads. I think the roadster is out

The standard 370z would be the "sensible" option. Theres a part of me that think its starting just starting to get a bit dated. I prefer the "fanged" 370z 09-13 rather than the facelift

The Nismo looks more aggressive and expensive. Call me vain but I have a feeling that base car will have problems turning heads in couple of yrs what with the cars you get on the road thesedays; F Type, New TT

I have found that the GT86 has aged horribly despite it being q a rare car in London and lacks that real presence one would expect from a sports car

Get the nismo i love mine 😄 but in all seriousness i would now rather buy a chaper model and spec it up to how id like it lets face it you could get a base model and have it supercharged for the price of a nismo then you can embarrass people like me haha . The major reason i went for it is the looks and the recaro seats .soon as you get the tuning bug youll probably want to changed most of the nismo performance parts such as suspention and anti-roll bars anyway .

Theres a part of me that think its starting just starting to get a bit dated.

Never quite got to grips with the looks, on occasion i think they look good and then another angle comes to view and think not, but an Amuse kit totally transforms it.

For balance though, a Nismo will hold its value better imho, all depends what floats your boat, driving a stock car or putting your own touches to one.

Edited by Jetpilot