Election Day Tomorrow

JetSet

For the first time since I was eligible to vote I've still got no idea who I'm voting for in The Welsh Assembly election. Sadly, the option to scrap the Welsh Assembly isn't on the ballot paper. Not voting Labour as I've done in the past as I have been treated abysmally by them in the last 10 years (long story, I'll reveal it in time). Don't like Nationalism, so they're out, LibDems can't be trusted, Green Party....hmm. UKIP, no chance. Would have considered the Cons but they want to raise the speed limit on The A55 which is already a death trap and their leader in Wales is a smarmy git who gives me the creeps. However,The Cons have the best chance of unseating the incumbent Labour candidate, a career politician who thinks he is too important to be bothered by constituents like me. It could well be that I'll go into the polling booth and make up my mind then :)

Pete

• Like 2

the A55 would be better if they just removed all the unmarked police cars and speed traps

There's only one fixed camera in Wales on the A55 (at Colwyn Bay in a 50 mph limit) and The Mobile Cameras (Go Safe) don't operate on The A55. Don't think Cheshire Police use Mobile cameras on the Chester to North Wales section of The A55 either. There are plenty of unmarked cars but I find that if you stick to the limit, 70 in most places they don't bother you. One of the main tasks of the unmarked cars is to monitor the foreign HGV's on their way to Holyhead and I'm lead to believe that they won't pull you as long as you're under 80 mph. In fact when the road gets busy mainly in the summertime you'd be hard pushed to get up to 70, or 30 along the section by my house! The A55 has many accident blackspots, like the Rhuallt Hill, Ewloe Interchange, The Flint and Dobbs Hill exits or The Roundabouts at Penmaenmawr and Llanfairfechen . The road was built on the cheap and does not meet today's standards, for example the slip roads are too short, in some cases too close to each other with major "weaving" and small minor roads empty out onto The A55 with no slip roads at all and of course no hard shoulder anywhere. Apart from the stretch in Angelsey I know this road like the back of my hand, I watched it being constructed from my back garden, driven it hundreds if not thousands of times. If they spent a couple of Billion on it widening it to 3 lanes (The Conwy tunnel cost close to 200 Million back in the 80's so widening that would be at least half a billion today), removing the roundabouts and lengthening the slip roads then 80 would be more realistic but the roads budget is being eaten up in South Wales by The M4 relief road.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

The only vote we've got today is for the PCC. I have absolutely no idea which way to vote on that, seeing as how I personally feel the PCC job itself is nothing more than a political way of having another spokesperson.

I'll do a bit of research today, then vote for the one with the funniest name.

The only vote we've got today is for the PCC. I have absolutely no idea which way to vote on that, seeing as how I personally feel the PCC job itself is nothing more than a political way of having another spokesperson.

I'll do a bit of research today, then vote for the one with the funniest name.

:lol:

Yeah we have the same thing, I've no idea what the hell that person even does - sounds like another made up job.