HFC,s

grommit

Hi guys,

Can anybody tell me what i can expect from hfc,s i've already got a plenum spacer and jwt induction kit and scorpion rear box so what will i get ,more power? better throttle response? nicer sound? and will they affect an m.o.t.? basically are they worth spending out on.

Assuming you have standard cats at the moment...

A bit more power after you remap it.

More noise :)

Throttle response will improve with a remap.

Assuming you get something decent like CNT or Berks, you'll be fine with MOT. I have CNT on mine and MOT is never an issue.

Don't forget the rasp that you will get at around 3500 ish RPM, it bugs the heck out of some people, I like it though.

But yeah, without a remap you just get more noise, you need a remap to get the best out of all your mods.

First Uprev includes the License fee so they are about £200 after that - Mine been done twice as I have chopped and changed bits @ Abbey

Louder, raspier, a bit more bhp when remapped.

Loved mine, although the initial rev when turning the ignition on sometimes felt a bit antisocial! People will look at you, so if you like cloak and dagger I'd stay away but if you like an amazing roaring rasp, then it's for you!

Only removed mine so I could take the car on track (my hearing has recalibrated now and love the sound with the stock cats now too!)

• Like 2

Not just a bit more if you remap, mine gave more, I'm guessing they freed the breathing up a little and the ECU compensated. As it's probably down on what it left the factory with over the years it's likely to have added a few BHP's. Obviously not as much as a proper dyno tune would, but still in my book every little helps :lol:

What people mean when they tell you that breathing mods will not add HP and the ECU 'dials back', actually only counts if your engine is producing more than it's supposed to. Most have lost a few over their lives so they will perform better. :)

Loved mine, although the initial rev when turning the ignition on sometimes felt a bit antisocial!

This is one of the things ive noticed, a cold start is so loud and raspy now! haha

FYI, this, a exhaust system, intake and plenum spacer netted me 16 BHP IIRC and about 20lbft of torque after my remap at abbey.

• 2 weeks later...

Do HFCs require a remap? I've read about EMLs after fitting them.

I would get a remap done eventually (if I can find a place in/around) the Midlands, but only after I'd got a new exhaust on; wouldn't want to do it several times unnecessarily.

Do HFCs require a remap? I've read about EMLs after fitting them.

I would get a remap done eventually (if I can find a place in/around) the Midlands, but only after I'd got a new exhaust on; wouldn't want to do it several times unnecessarily.

Yes . You are right to fit everything in one go before going for a map

I have paired Berk HFC's to my Miltek catback system. The O2 sensor was fitted to the taller bank on the HFC. When cold the noise is very raspy but when all is warm the rasp is still present, characteristic of HFC's but you still get that distinct low burble of the Miltek. It's a lovely tone if I am honest and the overall volume for a daily drive is perfect, no drone and the pops on runover are lovely to hear. I am unmapped and with premium fuel I've noticed no hesitation in the rev range. CEL light 1147 Error code comes on every 70-80 miles but I just clear it. I will also add that on its MOT in December the engine/exhaust system was stone cold and passed emissions with ease. All depends on the individual car it seems.

Edited by Brett350z

I have paired Berk HFC's to my Miltek catback system. The O2 sensor was fitted to the taller bank on the HFC. When cold the noise is very raspy but when all is warm the rasp is still present, characteristic of HFC's but you still get that distinct low burble of the Miltek. It's a lovely tone if I am honest and the overall volume for a daily drive is perfect, no drone and the pops on runover are lovely to hear. I am unmapped and with premium fuel I've noticed no hesitation in the rev range. CEL light 1147 Error code comes on every 70-80 miles but I just clear it. I will also add that on its MOT in December the engine/exhaust system was stone cold and passed emissions with ease. All depends on the individual car it seems.

Simple enough but that would probably do my nut. Performance increase aside, I'd have to pay for the remap just to avoid that.