y pipe options

Max-Read

Hi guys, new one to this.

I've got a basic set up on my z got a Motordyne plenum and berk de cats currently. I'm looking into a y pipe and i see Stillen, Motordyne or cobra are the ways to go. I have a standard y pipe back section and I'm curious if a new y pipe will add a lot of noise?

any info would be appreciated!

Your de catted and your worried about an aftermarket Y pipe noise increase :lol: . I jest :D . Stillen seems to be the top choice for most and the member Tuck has one for sale in the 350z for sale items if your a DE owner, shouldn't really tell you that because I'm thinking of buying it myself !!!!!!!

Link here

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/107444-lots-of-parts/

Welcome to the forum

A word of warning regarding the Stillen - on my car with decats it made a hugely irritating hissing type of sound around 1900rpm when off of the gas.

It's a quality made product but it drove me nuts so I sold it.

Funny, i've noticed a little of this too with my Japspeed decats, but the popping and crackling on over run persuades me to ignore it :D:lol:

• Like 1

yeah i've got the small hiss with mine currently, it hasn't got to the annoying point quite yet though. Just enjoying the noise :yahoo:

how much difference will a stillen y pipe give bhp wise?

A bit off topic, where's the best place to go for the remap, ive heard abbey and Horsham dev?

Want to make sure I'll get the best out of the car and mods when its done!

yeah i've got the small hiss with mine currently, it hasn't got to the annoying point quite yet though. Just enjoying the noise :yahoo:

how much difference will a stillen y pipe give bhp wise?

A bit off topic, where's the best place to go for the remap, ive heard abbey and Horsham dev?

Want to make sure I'll get the best out of the car and mods when its done!

Either one of those are well rated on here.

• 1 month later...

Im having issues with my stillen y pipe its hard against the floor on the passanger side i have berks hfcs fitted also. Any idea why its not fitting? I have a uk de.. could i of maybe been sent one for a hr or does that matter?