General Advice - minor accident

-Bradders-

It's not illegal, you just have to declare to your insurance that you've had an accident when they ask.

but does it still count if its unrecorded lol?

Of course :)

Think of it the same way as not telling them about mods. You may well get away with it, but if you go crashing into a bunch of kids at a bus stop you can be sure they're going to look at everything at the nth degree.

her son took pics. he better show them lol, i have proof that the fiesta has minimal damage, literally like a small hole in the bumper and the grill has 2 snapped clips lol. still cant report it, insurance systems been down all morning lol

Not really related but, can you make insurers aware you've been in an accident but both parties are dealing with it privately?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Counts as an accident and stays on your record for 3-5 years. Adds and Extra £300 a year on my policy. So ****ing stupid. Wish I never told them.

Im 2 years into the 3 where insurers put up my premium for an accident that I had no control over.

Its a pain in the ass because even if you aren't in your car and someone hits it, it still counds as a claim and they can say you are more likely to have an accident and your premium goes up for 3 years even if your no claims is protected.

• Like 1

her son took pics. he better show them lol, i have proof that the fiesta has minimal damage, literally like a small hole in the bumper and the grill has 2 snapped clips lol. still cant report it, insurance systems been down all morning lol

That's not necessarily a good thing, that means that her car absorbed more energy than yours so is likely to have more damage.

Tbh, £3k is not entirely unreasonable for a insurance job. Which insurer are you with?

Thats alright then. not too bothered tbh, whats happened has happened, nothing i can do now really :( Systems are still down, good job it aint an urgent call and im stuck at the side of the road as it suggests on their website lol