Painted headlight inserts and halos

James Junior

Hi all,

I recently had my headlight inserts painted and halos fitted to my 370Z by RSV Graphics in Dudley. This is a popular modification in the US and I had spent ages looking for someone in the UK that would do this for a good price. Both the quality of the work and the service from Matt and Stu at RSV has been top notch. I couldn’t be happier with the results, it finishes the car off perfectly.

RSV have now agreed to do a deal for forum members. :teeth:

This group buy applies to both 350Zs and 370Zs.

The price of the work depends on two component parts:

- The purchase of halos

- The cost of having them fitted and the headlight inserts painted.

For individual members the price for headlight painting and the fitment of halos is £250.

For every group of four forum members who book and have the work done, the price will be reduced to £200 per person.

I think even at £250 this is excellent value as it is a lot of work!

I bought my halos from a company called 180Eighty in New York, but I believe RSV Graphics can now supply some of these too. I don’t have a price on these yet. Mine cost me around $150 for the parts plus around $50 delivery from the US to give you a guide.

I know this is a job that can potentially be done at home. However, you need to remove your front bumper, remove your headlight units, use a heat gun or put them in your home oven (!), split them open, paint the inserts, install the halos, then reseal the whole unit again before wiring it up to your sidelights before refitting your bumper again.

If you don’t get the seal just right then moisture can get in and fog up your headlights, whilst if you damage the headlights during the process you are looking at a bill of over £1,000 to replace them!

I was very happy to let the professionals do mine rather than take the risk myself. RSV did a perfect job and there is no sign of fogging, so delighted with the results and the service.

To register your interest please contact RSV directly and refer to this group buy, a link to their website is below:

http://www.rsvgraphics.com/

If you want any more information in the meantime please post in the thread or PM me directly.

Here are some pics:

Rings_036440da-fc9d-4d38-b47e-6df9b2dfa3b4_2048x2048.jpg?v=1437162443

DSC_8774_2048x2048.jpg?v=1436927848

DSC_8928_2048x2048.jpg?v=1436927848

photo%203_zps52zyadva.jpg

photo%202_zpsxgjb28me.jpg

photo%201_zpsjnk4fw2c.jpg

photo%2012_zpscaeswk8v.jpg

photo%205_zpsjogfsfho.jpg

photo%204_zpso5ymbfjv.jpg

photo%208_zpsjyicp1tm.jpg

photo%209_zpswac6zumk.jpg

photo%206_zpstznqqyxj.jpg

Edited by James Junior
  • Like 3

I think those look pretty nice. Does the group by only apply to 350z or 370zs? I have a G35, same as the Skyline 350GT, and don't want to deal with sending my lights back to the US to have them done. My car is a daily driver so I use it regularly.

Ouuuch I think I will do my own for free thank you very much, a lot of work stripping out though

I have spent time researching this job and arranging the group buy for the benefit of other forum members. I think its pretty bad form to undermine another member's group buy with a negative comment like this, especially for an event organiser. If you can do it yourself thats great, but many members either cannot or dont want to take the risk. If you can do it yourself and aren't interested in the group buy I am not sure why you would post?

As others have rightly commented, removing the headlights, safely opening them up, masking the shrouds and painting the inserts, fitting and wiring up the halos, resealing and then refitting everything is a lot of work even for a professional workshop. Not only this, RSV are carrying the risk if damage were to occur as they would need to replace the headlight units which as we all know are very expensive. £200 is very good value for the work and the risk involved. I can't imagine they will be making much on this.

Until now ONEighty in New York are the only company I know of who actively advertise this service and they charge far in excess of this for the same job.

Edited by James Junior
  • Like 5

I think those look pretty nice. Does the group by only apply to 350z or 370zs? I have a G35, same as the Skyline 350GT, and don't want to deal with sending my lights back to the US to have them done. My car is a daily driver so I use it regularly.

Hello Hiro,

RSV have said they will mix and match 370Zs and 350Zs for the group buy. As the principle is the same for your G35, so long as you can source the halos I cannot imagine it being a problem. Let me double check for you and I will confirm. I had a look on ONEighty's website for you but they don't supply halos for the G35 from what I can see.

I will also add a group buy thread to the 350Z group buy section.

Can vouch for RSV Graphics for work done previously on my car, and for this price I'm definitely going for it :)

Will be getting in touch with the lads at RSV shortly :teeth:

As I'm a definite, just need 3 others to go for it to bring the cost down to £200 :thumbs:

Cheers for organising this James ;)

Ouuuch I think I will do my own for free thank you very much, a lot of work stripping out though

I think its pretty bad form to undermine another member's group buy with a negative comment like this,

I wouldn't take too much offence as I'm sure none was intended. It's always valuable for people to chip in what they believe the value of a service is. As much as me and Paul had every right to say it was good value, Moped has the right to say he thinks it's bad. Being open and honest with each other about things for sale is the best policy for forum members to get honest and trusted reviews with the best deals. :thumbs:

• Like 2

What are the logistics of this? do you drop your car off with the for a few days, post your lights to them, exchange basis?

I dropped my car off with RSV for a few days whilst they did the work. They have a couple of courtesy cars available if you need one. They kindly provided me with a Mini Cooper whilst my Z was in their workshop, but I believe they also have an Audi TT as a courtesy car too.

Can vouch for RSV Graphics for work done previously on my car, and for this price I'm definitely going for it :)

Will be getting in touch with the lads at RSV shortly :teeth:

As I'm a definite, just need 3 others to go for it to bring the cost down to £200 :thumbs:

Cheers for organising this James ;)

No problem, thanks Niki. I imagine this will work particularly nicely on your car given the colour scheme you are going for and will key in nicely to your carbon bits. B)

What he said :thumbs:

Any pics of this done on a 350z ?? I have a serious problem with the plastic clear cover being cracked on the inside.. i'll need to let them see mine before hand

Hi Matt,

I only have pictures of my car I am afraid. I would give RSV a call and ask to speak to Stu. If you explain to him and email him or Whatsapp him a few pics I am sure he can advise you.

See you on the weekend buddy.

• Like 1

I will also be taking advantage of this at some point

As most of you know I'm close friends with matty the owner of rsv so I'm going to stay impartial

But having spent a lot of time with matty I can say he takes the business very seriously and expects the highest quality work from the lads which they thrive on delivering.

The ones that have attended our breakfast meets will know they don't do things by halves :)

I know people that have payed quite a bit more than this price for this service threw other companies so this is a steal ;)

• Like 1

James, i'm certain Mark didn't mean anything by his comment, he is more than capable of doing this job himself if you see some of his work.

Can i just confirm the £250 or £200 for four plus is to fit supplied halos and paint i.e. it doesnt include the cost of the actual halos, also is this price including them dismantling and rebuilding i.e. taking off bumper etc.

I'm very interested in having this done but would really like to know the total fitted price including all necessary parts because i'm to lazy/scared to do any of this work myself

Great group buy and great looking car!

• Like 1

James, i'm certain Mark didn't mean anything by his comment, he is more than capable of doing this job himself if you see some of his work.

Can i just confirm the £250 or £200 for four plus is to fit supplied halos and paint i.e. it doesnt include the cost of the actual halos, also is this price including them dismantling and rebuilding i.e. taking off bumper etc.

I'm very interested in having this done but would really like to know the total fitted price including all necessary parts because i'm to lazy/scared to do any of this work myself

Great group buy and great looking car!

Morning Dave,

Yes thats right - the price quoted (£250 for one person, £200 for four people) is to fit supplied halos and paint the inside of the headlights.

The cost of the halos is on top.

If you are interested, before ordering a set of halos from ONEighty I would first speak to Matt or Stu at RSV, as I believe they have ordered a consignment of halos from ONEighty so they may have some in stock.

That's a great price and I would be all over this if I still had my zed !! This makes a huge difference to the way the car looks , really aggressive . Great mod :)

HI Josh, you may still want to have a look at ONEighty's website... They also do a rather nice halo kit for the E90 M3 which I am sure RSV could fit for you.

Link below for more info:

https://shop.180.nyc...rb-ring-diy-kit

I think having this done as part of the group buy might be pushing the boundaries a bit though! ;)

DSC_0100_2048x2048.jpg?v=1437675518

Edited by James Junior

That's a great price and I would be all over this if I still had my zed !! This makes a huge difference to the way the car looks , really aggressive . Great mod :)

HI Josh, you may still want to have a look at ONEighty's website... They also do a rather nice halo kit for the E90 M3 which I am sure RSV could fit for you.

Link below for more info:

https://shop.180.nyc...rb-ring-diy-kit

I think having this done as part of the group buy might be pushing the boundaries a bit though! ;)

DSC_0100_2048x2048.jpg?v=1437675518

Not when you know the owner talk to me Josh ;) lol

Always wanted black headlights on my silver roadster - just checked the one eighty site unfortunately doesn't look like it's got the halo kit for a pre 06 DE. Would there be a discount if I only wanted the lights turned black without fitment of halo kit?